2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^^^^ and I don't know how that happened
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Very nice, rary, a matched pair - The Tromba twins.

Comment

• I should have said I used a courgettes from the the plant in the front today, and it was tasty
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I am know I am very late to the party but I only found this thread and forum through a google search so please can I join in? Feeling a little triumphant as all my seeds have germinated (heated propagator in the laundry room) and are just getting their second leaves. Once bigger they will go up to my garden plot. I must admit to an unfair advantage though - I am being advised and mentored by my 91 year old father in law who is from Liguria and has grown Tromba since he was in nappies.

Comment

• Hi and welcome to the Forum and the Tromba Comp
            Of course you can join in - but, no cheating.
            You'll forgive me if I don't type your full name - TBBT!

Comment

• Hi, TBBR, and welcome to the Vine. I take it from your name you're not somewhere in Liguria.

Rather than competing, we're just egging each other on to greater heights of madness. So in that spirit, would you be prepared to share a photo or description of exactly how you're going to grow them? I have a totally inadequate arch (not telling Mr Snoop that quite so bluntly...) and would be glad to see other people's.

Comment

• Of course you can join in! Sounds like we could learn a thing or two from you too

I nearly planted mine out today, but I was out drinking until early hours in the morning, so I'm gonna watch the tennis instead lol
                https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• My forum name is classic misdirection - it was the nickname of my favourite Irish horse who is sadly no longer with me.

Comment

• Can we call you "classic misdirection" then as its quicker to type.

Comment

• Welcome, Classic Misdirection.

(Just had to explain the whole thread to Husband because it made me lol...)

Comment

• Welcome TBBT
                        So what names have you given your Tromboncino?

You may have noticed some of us are a bit nuts .

But not me

Comment

• Tito, Rafaela, Olympia and Marco are now happily planted out against my super duper new arches. Because I hate throwing plants away and oy one person wanted a spare, Baldasare is planted against the hedge in the hope he'll grow up and across the sheep net in front of it. Just need to find a home for Oriana and it's all good
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I still have one tromba in the greenhouse but I think I will need to bin it as I have no room to grow any more and no container big enough to try growing it in the greenhouse, though while printing this I am thinking there might be a way to keep it I will think on this overnight
                            Its great what you can think of when you start to write it down

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                              Welcome TBBT
                              So what names have you given your Tromboncino?

You may have noticed some of us are a bit nuts

But not me
                              Welcome TBBT and as SP has said above there are some strange folks trying this, as for my self, like membership of the Nutters Club I am just doing this to make up the numbers

Comment

• After giving some thought to growing a plant in the greenhouse I have decided to use a heavy duty fabric compost bag, it must holds about 50Lts. of compost and as I don't have any manure, soil or garden compost that I could put into it I will use a grow bag and crunched up newspaper, which I hope will hold some water in the mix, I will let you know how well it goes as I reckon I should know within the first two weeks whither it is working or not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X