2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
    So looking at building my bamboo thingy for Roberto tomorrow. So does Bob go inside the structure or outside ?. gonna be covered with pea netting or similar.
    I think I'd put him outside. More chance of training him not to grow him fruit through the pea net where you can't harvest it.

Comment

• I have 1 plant in the garden ,3 at the allotment ...and 20 plus sprouting seeds on a allotment that not being used...so hopely i will get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        I think I'd put him outside. More chance of training him not to grow him fruit through the pea net where you can't harvest it.
        Yes i thought that , just thinking about weird shaped ones

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig_C View Post
          ^^ I think that "The Sun" was a reference to the Newspaper, not the big orangey ball that we don't see too much of in the UK.
          I think you are right I miss read the post, though I should have anticipated a question like that from VC there are times when you just can't keep up with some of those old folk
          As for that newspaper I don't even take it when its free
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
            Yes i thought that , just thinking about weird shaped ones
            I've just wrapped rope round my frame.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	2378737
            I'm just going for a Tromboncino that produces a Tromboncino .
            The plant is already bigger than it managed all of last year

Comment

• That tromba frame , you didnt get it from Troy did you ?

Comment

• I've just planted my three out. I couldn't wait any longer, because they're outgrowing the pots they were in, and I have no larger pots to put them in lol
                One has gone into an ikea bag next to a metal arch, the second one is at the other side of the arch but a bit further away, and the last one is growing up a new metal obelisk. I'm pleased to have them outside, finally!
                https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• hokay dokay , built my bamboo Tromba prison ( will post some fots when i go over there tomorrow )'
                  Its dimensions are (roughly) 6 foot tall x 8 foot long x 3 foot wide.
                  So i decided against the net and am going to encircle it with gardening string instead, question is how far apart should the string layers be ? and also would this structure take two trombas ?
                  And , if it is big enough should i plant them on the same side and trail straight over and down or place one either side ?, thanks in advance .
                  Last edited by jackarmy; 14-06-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing those pictures jack. That's a massive structure! I think it would take two Tromboncino.
                    I'd plant them one on either side. Then they can chance each other round and round till they reach the top.

Comment

• Nice one, thanks SP, just looked at yours again and i was just thinking the same as you about the size lol, maybe overkill ?.
                      Ah well its done now, ill chuck some more beans in :P

Its not actually a cone though, tops flat, that a bad move ?
                      Last edited by jackarmy; 14-06-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Don't think a flat top is a problem. Just let them do what they want when they get their. If you're vertically challenged like me! You won't reach to train them anyway

Comment

• I have lift off. My 3 boys started growing yesterday morning. I’ll only be keeping 2 of them. I don’t seem to be able to upload a photos from my phone or iPad as I normally would just keeping saying “upload failed”.

Are we naming the plants and can they be grown in the greenhouse?
                          How is everyone today? I found out yesterday I’m being made redundant.
                          @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• Originally posted by NatalieCooke View Post
                            I have lift off. My 3 boys started growing yesterday morning. I’ll only be keeping 2 of them. I don’t seem to be able to upload a photos from my phone or iPad as I normally would just keeping saying “upload failed”.

Are we naming the plants and can they be grown in the greenhouse?
                            How is everyone today? I found out yesterday I’m being made redundant.
                            Reduce the size of your image. Forum has a hissy if the photo is to big
                            Yes you must name at least one plant .
                            Yeah growing in a green house is possible. Just be warned he will try to take over and get quite large.
                            I'm growing Jeremy in the polytunnel .

Comment

• Sorry to hear your news, Natalie. Hope things work out for you.

Meanwhile, in distinctly less important news, Sid has been attacked. I'm guessing by chickens, though it seems odd as I wouldn't have thought he was very tasty in comparison with the lettuce nearby. He still has his growing tip, but I should perhaps have called him Sean as there's not much of him left.
                              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-06-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Surely Sean has to be the name of a Legume Snoop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X