Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    I've just wrapped rope round my frame.[ATTACH=CONFIG]80957[/ATTACH]
    I am just growing mine up some plastic netting, I didn't realise they would need tied down with rope, now I will need to go and find some rope
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I need to ask, the trombos that are on the plant just now are quite long and thin in comparison to the courgettes, do they start to bulk up and run to marrows like the courgettes or do the just get longer and a bit thicker
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
        Surely Sean has to be the name of a Legume Snoop
        In the case of Sid, nearly a has-been.

I was thinking more of the sheep in Wallace & Grommit (as in Sean/Shorn). Sorry if I'm labouring a point unnecessarily here.

Comment

• *reads rary's post*

Will stop sniggering sometime tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
            I need to ask, the trombos that are on the plant just now are quite long and thin in comparison to the courgettes, do they start to bulk up and run to marrows like the courgettes or do the just get longer and a bit thicker
            Sorry Rary can't help. I've never successfully grown a Tromboncino yet. So no idea how they do their growing.

Comment

• is this any help to you,they maintain the baisic long thin bit with the bulb end containing the seed,they will bend and twist into all manner of shapes,and keep growing as long as you leave them,and the plant dies back,
              Attached Files
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E9C88E73-03E2-41E0-AC4B-4D6850B5A6CD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	2378754

It’s worked. Everyone meet Daniel & Rowan.
                @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• What's the other one called, Natalie?

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    What's the other one called, Natalie?
                    A sacrifice to the gardening gods ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                      In the case of Sid, nearly a has-been.

I was thinking more of the sheep in Wallace & Grommit (as in Sean/Shorn). Sorry if I'm labouring a point unnecessarily here.
                      No i did get it and enjoyed it but i had to get the Sean Bean thing in lol, loved him in Sharpe

Comment

What's the other one called, Natalie?
                        I’m only keeping 2 the other will either go to a friend at work or the local allotment.

Just thinking to the future do you have ideas what next years competition will be?
                        @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• No excuses - No 3 must have a name before you pass him on.

As for next year, not a clue!! Any suggestions?

Comment

• Thanks LD, so I have quite a bit to grow then
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180614_211520_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	2378765

Comment

• Mine aren't flowering yet so yours are off to a good start, rary.

Comment

Mine aren't flowering yet so yours are off to a good start, rary.
                                Thank VC they are growing in the bag that I have filled with shredded material and sand so possibly there is a bit of heat being generated by this and so help with the growth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X