No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine are doing the - only female flowers, then only male flowers, thing. Hope they get on with it soon

Comment

• Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
      Thickest (trying not to mention girth haha .... ooops!!)
      What's wrong with girth, girth is a good word
      Last edited by rary; 17-07-2018, 03:35 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• All flowers no babies at all - it’s climbing up the wall can see no sign of any birth - is there anything I can do to help it along????

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
          What's wrong with girth, girth is a good word
          It's a good word, it's just that I don't tend to think of trombas in relation to that word haha
          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• You all have filthy minds with the exception of rary whom I take as a gentleman of his word - you should be ashamed of yourselves, trying to pollute his innocent mind

My trombo plants are not very tall but are sturdy, and I have babies one of my customers sowed two seeds from a new packet of round courgettes, and they've turned into trombos which are taking over her raised beds and making a break for freedom up the apple tree and over the greenhouse....
            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• We Ladies are as pure as the purest thing in the Kingdom of Puredom. You, happyhumph, however, are the one with the filthy mind for even thinking that we have filthy minds.

As for rary being innocent.................just shows how confused you are.

Comment

• Circumference... there's another good word. All we have to do is decide at which point to measure: fat end, thin end, in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                  You all have filthy minds with the exception of rary whom I take as a gentleman of his word - you should be ashamed of yourselves, trying to pollute his innocent mind
                  Thank you happyhumph, and yes you are correct I have to read some of these posts with a blindfold on
                  Last edited by rary; 17-07-2018, 08:54 PM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I was going to put a like at VCs last post, but her questioning my innocence oh my, and Snoop you need to measure the middle as the tape can slip off the rounded end
                    Last edited by rary; 17-07-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      We Ladies are as pure as the purest thing in the Kingdom of Puredom. You, happyhumph, however, are the one with the filthy mind for even thinking that we have filthy minds.

As for rary being innocent.................just shows how confused you are.
                      As a member of the nutters club I merely follow where you lead VC......
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
                        It's a good word, it's just that I don't tend to think of trombas in relation to that word haha

Comment

• this is columbus my outside plant,with a baby tromba just been polinated by hand,just to be sure,am training along a short fence/garden divider,
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by lottie dolly; 18-07-2018, 03:06 PM. Reason: orgot to add pic hehehe
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• This thread makes me inordinately happy...

Here's Kessel...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180719_074948-1560x2080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	2379462

Name:	IMG_20180719_074959-1560x2080.jpg
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	2379463

And Solo:

Name:	IMG_20180719_075021-1560x2080.jpg
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	2379464

Name:	IMG_20180719_075028-1560x2080.jpg
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	2379465

Resolutely refusing to climb and rambling instead. Will have to find another stick and see what I can do. He's got about three branches burrowing through sweet peas, runners and french beans!
                            Last edited by 1Bee; 19-07-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Hand pollinated tromba, finally something growing nicely. I will leave it on the plant to see if it gets bigger.

Name:	R0015117s.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2379512

And the plant (BTW I named it, it's Lucrezia).

Name:	R0015118s.jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	2379513

Comment

• Three lady flowers pollinated today. One about 40 cm long and the other two much shorter, though one is doing a good job of pretending she's a doughnut.

If I want to pick them as courgettes, how long should I wait now?

And if I want to pick them as squash, I guess I just leave them on the plant. But does that reduce future production?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X