• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have germination

Comment

I hope its catching.

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        how about making a frame,like 2 uprights with a 2 or 3 strong canes between,sat 1 foot above one another,out of the dogs reach,then as the plant grows,train it onto another level,even the side bits can be tied up,or cut off,this does work,but leave a nice loop on the long stem so as not to snap it,if for some reason it ends up a bit cruched,as long as you wrap some gafer tape round it,it will hold in the moisture,as well as splint it,suggest using something soft like tights to tie up instead of string,as for the bottom part of the plant,could you put some checken wire around to help keep the dogs at bay,or just remove the lower fruits,there is always a way lass
        All good advice, LD. The worst of the foragers (or best, from his point of view) is taller than I am when standing on his back legs. He's very good at gathering almonds and cherries from trees!

I will consult with Mr Snoop.

Comment

One of my self saved seeds are up.

Comment

I potted on some trombas. last night into four inch pots, after reading through the previous posts I think I will need to reconsider where they will be growing, two were going into the bag I filled with seaweed shredded vegetation and sand, which means they will be starting off about three feet up, though possibly due to cooler growing conditions it won't grow as tall as LDs and just use one plant, I will also try and make space for one in the greenhouse, though I then no I will sow a couple more as the plants I have will be too advanced before I can clear a space for them, now wonder if I can find a mug to buy some plants
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I ordered mine last night, should be here in a day or two. Bit behind you lot so hoping to catch up. Not sure yet where I can fit them in.......
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Rary I've also been considering growing one inside & one out.

Don't know if I'll have space in the little tunnel with my experimental asparagus, sweetcorn and sweet potato. Plus carrots that always grow in their and any overflow indoor crops.

Comment

SP have you grown sweet potato before and if so was it a good crop? as for asparagus I had five or six plants in the garden but felt they took up to much room for the returns from it so this year they are out
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                    SP have you grown sweet potato before and if so was it a good crop? as for asparagus I had five or six plants in the garden but felt they took up to much room for the returns from it so this year they are out
                    Not tried growing sweet potato before. It was an impulse buy last week when I went to Stirling. I'll let you know. As for asparagus they were very cheap young crowns. I don't expect much from it.

Comment

• Have a leggy seedling - poked through in heated propogator before others, and I left it a day and it grew 5cm
                      Have taken all the pots out as the others are showing signs of germination.

Can one pot on tromba squash up to seed leaves or will stem rot?
                      http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeGarden View Post
                        Have a leggy seedling - poked through in heated propogator before others, and I left it a day and it grew 5cm

I have no idea. But if you've got others coming up. You could try burying it up to its seed leaves.

Comment

• Here's my first baby

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	2377433

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeGarden View Post
                            Have a leggy seedling - poked through in heated propogator before others, and I left it a day and it grew 5cm

Yes,you can pot em up into a bigger container,same as most plants,the main things to are,make sure they are not over watered,and from the bottom,after that initial potting on water,and to hardened off before you put them outside in their perminant place.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mine are in. May sow some more later.

Comment

• The first of mine is through Just noticed it as I said "Good Night, little seeds".
                                First of many, I hope.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X