No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have four germinated out of ten but they are looking very strong! Hope that should be enough to give us a decent crop - intending to make a wigwam!

Comment

• I've just repotted eight.
      I always worry about repotting squash because they're supposed to hate root disturbance aren't they?
      I compromised by only teasing the roots out a little.
      The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• Give me ten days or so and I'll sow mine.

Anyone sowing eight or ten... are you fully paid-up members of the Nutters Club? Even I think that's daft and I once had eleven courgette plants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Anyone sowing eight or ten... are you fully paid-up members of the Nutters Club? Even I think that's daft and I once had eleven courgette plants.
          I'm not sowing eight or ten I've sown 12 and I think I have 11 germinated - and a few Serpente di Sicilia for comparison.

Comment

• I've sowed 10, & 10 each of two other courgettes!
            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• OK, I take it back. Maybe it's entirely normal...

Comment

• You think VC is normal That's an oxymoron (the sentence not VC herself, of course )
                I'm not sure about happyhumph though - perhaps just been led astray by the chicken

I'm going to sow 3, in case 1 doesn't grow, I would like to grow other crops on my allotment you know

Comment

• I'm growing 4. Keeping 2, selling 2. Obviously if they don't sell I'll be growing 4

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                    You think VC is normal That's an oxymoron (the sentence not VC herself, of course )
                    I'm not sure about happyhumph though - perhaps just been led astray by the chicken
                    It's all VC's fault - I was fairly normal until I joined the vine
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I have 3,only because,i had 4 left and 1 was dud,the thing is peeps,the more plants you have,the more chances of a realy funny/screwed up tromba to be found for the competition hehehe,snoop,are you expecting a boxs of squash from places in Wales in a few months,trombas for the dogs,, hehehehe
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I've only sown 10, but also 12 Shooting Star climbing yellow courgettes, 9 Early Yellow Crookneck, 18 De Nice a Fruit Rond, 12 BNS, and 15 Spaghetti squash

I may need some more compost...

Comment

• How many people are you feeding, Sylvan? You'll be a bit late for all the royal wedding guests being told to take a picnic, but you could manage that kind of crowd with that many plants. Do you grow anything else?

Comment

• Only the two of us, and jams and chutneys for family and friends, LD, but we do like eating.
                            We're not growing much else. Only 4 varieties of broad bean, 5 types of peas, 2 sorts of Brussels, red cabbage, kale, chard, various salad leaves, carrots, mooli, ordinary radishes, tomatoes, baby corn, pot marigolds, primulas, and nasturtiums (for salads), PSB, broccoletto, chicory, kohl rabi, woodland strawberries and other soft fruit, rhubarb, welsh onions and walking onions.

I was going to sow some beans, kailaan, and cauliflowers, but I don't think I'll have enough growing room
                            Last edited by Sylvan; 03-05-2018, 12:04 PM. Reason: Speeling :p

Comment

• I'm soaking mine today and will sow them as soon as I get back from the allotment this afternoon I meant to do them a couple of weeks ago but forgot!!!!! I'll keep them on my sunny south-facing living room windowsill in a propagator to *hopefully* give them a bit of a boost and then move them to the greenhouse once they're growing well

I've been in a bit of a black fog lately but *finally* it's lifting and I'm actually starting to feel REALLY excited about growing stuff again

I'm doing six seeds just to make sure I have at least two or three plants
                              If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• No show from mine yet. The Big Max and Nice de Ronde are up, so Tromba is on borrowed time until I give up and sow again...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X