No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three have come up for me, and I'm keeping them in the greenhouse for a while yet. They're about 6 inches tall, so plenty of room for them in there for a couple of more weeks at least
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Mine won't be going out till June.
      I'll put the bigger ones out in the first week of June and keep the smaller half inside so I have replacements ready when the frost kills the outside ones in the third week.
      The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
        Mine won't be going out till June.
        I'll put the bigger ones out in the first week of June and keep the smaller half inside so I have replacements ready when the frost kills the outside ones in the third week.
        There's nothing like having a good back-up plan, is there

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
          Eek!
          When do you normally have your last frost?
          Generally the first week in June, but I use trees as a guild, and with them it looks like they will be making leaf soon so hopefully there will be no frost but I do have more as a backup
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• That's the first one planted, I have given it a bit of protection with a plastic something I will remove every morning for a week then I will use fleece, I just want to,see how it compares with the ones in the greenhouse
            Last edited by rary; 10-05-2018, 10:13 PM.
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• What size are your plants Rary?
              I've only got one true leaf on mine. Not even moved them into the cooler of the polytunnels yet.
              If yours is triffid like already, I'm going to be very jealous

Comment

• it's started all ready,has it who has the biggest plant,whats it gona be like when the fruits start growing heheheheheh
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• It'll be trombos at dawn potting on mine at the weekend hopefully.
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I potted mine on yesterday. Just seedling leaves at the moment.

If anyone else would like to join in, there's still time to sow some seeds. Go on - you know you want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                      It'll be trombos at dawn
                      THAT is a mental image that's hard to shift....

Only one of mine is up and it's weedy (as in 'weak and feeble' not 'smothered in weeds'...) so I'm going to sow some more, with fresh seed.

Not competitive at all, me. *looks shifty*

Comment

• Mind you, my standards for success are not so much about being better than others on this thread. I'm all about getting double-takes as other plot holders pass my patch...

I'm reasonably confident that apart from my poor attempt last year, I'm the first to grow trombo on this site...

Comment

• What happened to them last year 1Bee?

I got two tiny fruits last year, each about the size of the last joint of my little finger, which then gave up and fell off.
                          (The trombos, that is, not my little finger - luckily)

Comment

• I may be aiming for the booby prize

Comment

• Sylvan,sounds like they matbe not got pollinated,as thats what they do,just to be sure,help them out this year,
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I have 2 Tromba babies this morning

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X