No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you look at the photos below, do you think I have room to grow a pumpkin?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180531_131029_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	2378504[ATTACH=CONFIG]80655[/ATTACH@]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rary; 31-05-2018, 12:18 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Is anyone else getting a tad worried about all this naming of squashes?

I planted one of mine at the end of the tall pea frame yesterday, it's nameless

Hopefully it will also remain slugless - there are a lot of them about atm

Comment

• ^^^^ You are right Thelma the next thing will be that they don't want to eat them, and will keep them from one year to the next
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• All mine have the same name, Richard. When they're a little older and have developed their own personality they'll be given their full names.

Comment

• I have no idea what you mean, Thelma.

*soothes two Big Max pumpkin plants. "There, there, Mad Max and Bad Max. Thelma didn't mean it....."

Comment

• It's all perfectly normal to name veggie plants
              I've got Monty the Dorset Naga chilli, Bartholomew the early sown tomato, and Jeremy the indoor Tromboncino . Jeremy's growing very nicely.

Go for it rary. Stick a pumpkin in that gap. As long as you don't mind it trailing halfway across your garden.

Comment

• Sorry, I meant to say, Rary, yeah go for it. As long as you feed and water, I think it'll be fine. It will take over, though.

Which is what I love about vining pumpkins.

(Does anyone else read the catalogue descriptions and see "compact, non-vining habit" and make a contemptuous snort and turn the page? No?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  Go for it rary. Stick a pumpkin in that gap. As long as you don't mind it trailing halfway across your garden.
                  SP that shouldn't be a problem as I have a lot of space in my garden,,up the way

Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                  Sorry, I meant to say, Rary, yeah go for it. As long as you feed and water, I think it'll be fine. It will take over, though.

Which is what I love about vining pumpkins.

(Does anyone else read the catalogue descriptions
                  Generally watering is not a problem in this area as for the feeding I am hoping that the bags of seaweed and manure that have been added to make up the container should take care of a lot of that, the bag I am growing them in is the one I filled to see if it will make soil as it decomposes
                  And are you saying catalogues give descriptions of plants

Comment

• ^^^^Tried to add to above, all I look at is the pretty pictures

And the price

Comment

• Re 2018 Tromba Competition
                      What do you win ?
                      As in Competition=prize
                      Any folding stuff ?
                      Jimmy
                      Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

• Ah, now I understand.

First look through, I go Ooooh at the pretty pictures, second look through I read the descriptions..... again and again. I love the catalogues, and they tend to live in the bathroom, so get lots of visitations.

Comment

• Am I too late to sown of for these seeds?
                          @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• No - go for it, Natalie. I'll add you to the list

Comment

• Brill I'll order some seeds when I get home!!
                              Any suggestions?
                              @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• Tromba D'Albenga

https://www.premierseedsdirect.com/p...ette-dalbenga/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X