No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFelts D,i think the name is for the plant,not individuals fruits on 1 plant,or we would have 1 heck of a number of names to findeeeeeeeeeeeek,i stand corrected if am wrong,
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 19-06-2018, 04:09 PM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
      FFelts D,i think the name is for the plant,not individuals fruits on 1 plant,or we would have 1 heck of a number of names to findeeeeeeeeeeeek,i stand corrected if am wrong,
      Definitely only name the plants lottie! Never name anything you're going to eat

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        Never name anything you're going to eat
        So you are telling me I shouldn't have named the chicken
        Though even with a name it tasted good
        Last edited by rary; 19-06-2018, 07:21 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• My biggest tromba, nearly a foot and a half tall. No flowers yet though
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20180619_193246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	2378861
          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Sid is about 20 cm tall, starting to put out tendrils that I've wrapped around the fencing used to make his arch. Plus, four minuscule flowers. So being eaten by the chickens must have frightened the living daylights out of him and persuaded him he'd better get producing sharpish, otherwise his life will have been in vain.

Comment

• Had a look at mine this morning, after a drop in temperature over the last few days and torrential rain overnight, I think they are beginning to struggle a bit
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                Had a look at mine this morning, after a drop in temperature over the last few days and torrential rain overnight, I think they are beginning to struggle a bit
                It's the wind doing the damage more than the rain, although we've had a considerable amount of that as well over the last week.
                I'm so pleased you talked me into growing a Tromboncino in the polytunnle rary .

Comment

• I guess I am in.
                  I wasn't sure for a long time because we will be moving later this summer (we are buying a house at the moment, which is exciting, but quite interfering with my growing). I am still not sure how to support it so it can be moved some time around end of July or beginning of August. Maybe I will cut it back and let it grow side shoots at some point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tromba1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	2378873

Comment

• Welcome Ani to you and your Tromba.
                    He's a whopper! What's his name?

Comment

• I am not naming it!!!
                      But it's certainly she Tromba, ending -a - has to be a woman (at least in Czech).

Comment

• If it was a Tromboncino, ending -o- would it still be female? I'm curious now!!
                        She/he should have a name or she/he may feel left out of the conversation.

Comment

• My boys are in their pots in the greenhouse. I'll need to fix some wire mesh to the inside of the greenhouse frame for them to come climb up.
                          The third one will be going off to his/her new mummy on Friday.
                          @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• Goodbye, little Tromba. Grow strong and make your new mummy proud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ani View Post
                              I guess I am in.
                              I wasn't sure for a long time because we will be moving later this summer (we are buying a house at the moment, which is exciting, but quite interfering with my growing). I am still not sure how to support it so it can be moved some time around end of July or beginning of August. Maybe I will cut it back and let it grow side shoots at some point.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81138[/ATTACH]
                              Great looking plant Ani, I do hope you can move it safely when you move

I just wish I had thought of an excuse like that when at the end of the season I have nothing to show

Comment

• One of mine was being a little b*gger, it wanted to grow along the ground, and have fun with the slugs, despite me keep standing it up and poking it through the wire mesh

So today it got tied up, that'll teach it to do what it's told

Still haven't decided where I can plant t'other one, it's doing ok in a flower bucket for now...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X