No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Ani and a warm welcome to the competition! It looks like you may provide stiff competition!
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• VC: Tromboncino is neutral. But given its size and the look of fruit I would lean towards male gender
      Rary: And 14 tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, 3 courgettes, 5 aubergines, I don't know how many chillies... but I will worry about it later

Comment

• Certainly in Italian (Tromboncino) squashes are feminine, but they are all getting boy's names. I wonder why? LOL

Comment

• Here is NO 3,the outside one at home,why indeed TS hehehe,thats my lot all planted now,so i have
          Nelson & willy wonka inside,and columbas outside,
          Attached Files
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sid is growing like mad. My only real success this year. I've had so much work my veg patch has been pretty well abandoned. So he's a really cheering sight. He's already at work growing another four vines in addition to the main one. Lots of tiny flowers, all male by the look of it, but very promising.

Thanks for doing this everyone, by the way. You're all keeping me sane, don't you know! Or as sane as a member of the nutters' club can be.

Comment

• I must get some photos!

Solo is doing nicely, and shrugging his way through the runner beans, sweet peas and cosmos to his place in the sun. No flowers yet, though.

Kessel must be putting on root, because he's not putting on anything else. I'm hoping the happy weather will make him smile.

The two seeds I planted (well, four in two stations) have actually germinated, one in each, but they're so ickle I don't expect them to do much. They're cute, though...

Comment

• I checked on mine this morning. There were 4 very limp Richards alongside the whirligig - they looked very embarrassed to be caught in such a state. I gave them a drink and I'm hoping they will be more upstanding by this evening.
                The other 3 Richards and their mate, The Sicilian Serpent were a bit more respectable but none of them look as advanced as some of yours.

Comment

• This thread is going to keep me laughing all season....

Comment

• my 3 seem to be at a standstill,must be to hot to grow,will have a have a feed up
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• ^We've had 34 ºC highs for the last few days. I thought it was the heat that had persuaded Sid to suddenly start growing.

Comment

• Two of mine have been growing. The others seem to think they're bush courgettes.
                        The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• ^This is what comes of giving them names. They suddenly develop consciousness and a mind of their own.

Comment

• One of mine (the one in a ikea bag, incidentally) is growing away like mad. The other two, planted in the ground, not so much, but they are coming on, just slower. No flowers and no fruits yet lol
                            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Jeremy is enjoying being in the tunnel I think

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	2379018 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	2379019

Outside Trom

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	2379020

Comment

• Went out to do some watering today. Hadn't seen Sid since 27 June. Looks like he's enjoying life. The extra vines are shooting up and the main one has grown a fair bit. If I said a foot in three days, would it seem an exaggeration? It looks like it to me, but I can't believe it, especially given that the side shoots are also growing well.

I'll be growing a Tromba every year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X