No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I will be trying my first trombo this evening its quite long but thin and will be joined with one of my cucumbers
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Photos - we need photos, rary.

I daren't show you my little wilted Richards.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
        I think I will be trying my first trombo this evening its quite long but thin and will be joined with one of my cucumbers
        What will you be trying to do with him -or should I say, them?

Will there be alcohol?

Comment

• Sorry VC I was too late in seeing your post and to post a photo of where it is now would be too much for someone of you age, but I really enjoyed eating it, not a strong taste but a nice crunch to it, along with the trombo I had from the garden/greenhouse a cucumber, pepper, tomato, lettuce and various salad greens and some carrots and all most enjoyable
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Should have added of course there will be no alcohol, as I like to taste my food

Comment

• My biggest tromba probably grows about a foot every three or four days too, even though it's overdue a feed. My cucumbers are going absolutely crackers and are growing faster than that. They seem to like it up against a dark fence with sun most of the day.
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Update: Sharon and Tracy

Here we are a few weeks on... it's been so dry I've had to water regularly, but I think they are enjoying the heat of this summer! Starting to clamber and lots of flower buds now. Nice healthy growth too. It'll not be long before they start terrorizing the allotment
                Attached Files

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

• One of the no-shows finally germinated, so I've made a wigwam and planted it out. It's still very small compared with its big brother, but should catch up in this weather. Fingers crossed, anyway!

Comment

• There are a couple of trombo plants in there and as you will see I am running out of support at the top, and VC I am referring to the plants not myself
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180701_193432.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	2379045Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180701_193416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2379046

Comment

• No need to explain, rary. I know what its like to run out of support at the top.
                      I have to say, yours are very impressive - (that's your Trombas). The little Richards would be most upset if they saw yours!

Comment

• They are cracking looking plants rary

Comment

• Rary, they're amazing!

In other tromba news, I found the first two tiny trombs tonight!
                          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Wowee, Rary! Amazing plants. Plus, do you win the prize for the first harvest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                              One of the no-shows finally germinated...
                              My precious Trombos were trashed by Hector but last week I found some seeds in amongst the rest of my veggie packets so thought ''Why not?'' and sowed them. Hopefully in this heat they'll germinate quickly and make good growth. If not then no worries
                              If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• ^That's a shame about Hector. Good luck with the new batch. If I recall rightly, Rary started his off a bit later than some people and his have done amazingly well. Maybe a late sowing is a good idea. Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X