2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
    When they are small, anything you can do with courgettes you can do with Trombas. When they are big use them like courgettes or butternuts, although they aren't as sweet.
    I often use them thinly sliced instead of the pasta sheets in a Lasagna or similarly, in a Moussaka instead of the aubergine.
    If you can use them as sheets for lasagne, how thicker they get, mine are long hard but thin, will they thicken up as they get older?
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• And how do you get them to grow reasonably straightClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180703_182521_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2379102
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I found that they get thicker as they grow, Rary. Some of mine, in previous years, went a little softer as they grew bigger too.
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
          And how do you get them to grow reasonably straight[ATTACH=CONFIG]81441[/ATTACH]
          Why do you want to? I love the squirly whirly ones lol
          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

If you can use them as sheets for lasagne, how thicker they get, mine are long hard but thin, will they thicken up as they get older?
            Yes, they get longer and quite a bit thicker Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020328.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	565.4 KB
ID:	2379105

Comment

• Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
              Why do you want to? I love the squirly whirly ones lol
              Being squirly whirly is natural to a Tromba. A straight one wouldn't be "right"!

Comment

• If you read this thread with your double entendre filter on, you're hard pressed not to die before you get to the end...

Comment

• Never turn mine off.
                  Don't think anyone on this thread does either.

Comment

• I know i do a lot of sniggering

Comment

And how do you get them to grow reasonably straight[ATTACH=CONFIG]81441[/ATTACH]
                      they often go straighter as they grow,the weight pulles em down,plus I was amazed at just how strong the y are where they join the main stem,i did not need to support any fruits,
                      forgot to add snort snort snigger
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 04-07-2018, 12:48 PM.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Wondered how long it would before you came across the stilettos, VC.

Comment

• Just getting ready for Big Richard, Snoop.

Comment

• Oooer Mrs

Comment

• OH my dingoes,them is high heels,do they get you home if you clic the heels
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• ^Good point. Can we start calling you Dotty, VC?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X