No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of you are hand pollinating - should I be? So far just relying on having 5 trombos and too many to count of other courgettes/ assorted squash.
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• i only hand it to the lady if she open before the males are about,just to be sure,and hope for the best,i think you can pollinate then with another squash male,providing you not want to save seed,
      Just a thought,how about trying just one female for seed as an experiment,to grow on next year,i have a baby that i can separate with a bag and string,what do others think.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Its a good idea LD if you can be bothered

Comment

• IT will save hunting seeds and postage,apart from the challenge,not another 1 i hear echoing about
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Due to a problematic few shifts in work and the mixture of high heat and then humid damp weather, I wasn't able to check on the garden at all for three days. Two of my big growers had either an end growth issue or the setting in of mould of some sorts, so had to sadly cut them. With luck they're a couple of the most boring shapes. Kitchen towel for size reference.

My third, which we'll call Hermy the Spermy was on a small plant unsupported so decided to cook it!

smile poetry

Comment

• Went out to have a look at my trombosClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180721_204215_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2379527 and discovered one that needed to be cut freeClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180721_204148_hdr.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	2379528
              And this one is still goingClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180721_204135_hdr.jpg
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	2379529
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• That looks verrrrrrry painful, rary. Did it need stitches?

Comment

• Ouchy ouch!

Comment

• Looking at lots of recent photos of everyone's Tromboncino. I've come to the conclusion that Jeremy & outside trom really aren't doing very well

Will take some pics tomorrow so you can have a giggle.
                    Last edited by Small pumpkin; 21-07-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• A few of mine at the lottie
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000586.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	2379531

Name:	P1000587.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	2379532

Comment

• ^A few?! They look fantastic.

Comment

• Here you go. Unhappy troms

Jeremy looking a little anaemic. He's getting fed.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	2379545

Some of Jeremy's offspring. They get a little longer and the end swells (snigger) a little more. Then they just start going soft . The main body of the fruit it's less than 1/2 inch thick when that starts happening.

Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	2379546

Outside trom. Looks healthier but really not keen on climbing.

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	2379547

Outside trom offspring. As you can see smaller than jeremy and doesn't get much bigger than this. Then BER sets in. But then it has gone back to a Scottish summer this last week. Mostly wet. Only a very fine constant drizzle, not heavy down pours.

Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	2379550

None of this is a problem. They are still doing considerable better than last year. I've managed to eat some. Even if they have been small and needed there ends chopping off first.

Comment

• I usually have to tie mine up, early on, to encourage them to climb, but once they get going they manage themselves, most of the time

Comment

• Mine are either side of an arch. One side I tied up well, the other less so. The ones I tied up well are significantly taller than the others, which have gone a bit wibbly wobbly before starting to climb.

Babies doing well and getting longer but still quite skinny.
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Mine really aren't keen on climbing, I have to say...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X