No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine have definitely needed encouragement....
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Two of mine are also growing either side of an arch, that has two vertical "stakes" to grow up, so once the trombas are long enough to wrap around either the vertical or the horizontal stakes, I do so. Until then they hang freely
      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I decided to take the one that has been restricted off the plant as I was a bit worried that it would fall off, and I didn't want that to happen, even though it had been trapped it was still firm from end to end, here are some photos
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180724_203418_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	2379626

Name:	IMG_20180724_204539_hdr.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2379627Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180724_204030_hdr.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	2379628
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• And here's a photo of its bed mateClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180724_203431_hdr.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	2379629
          Last edited by rary; 24-07-2018, 08:38 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I decided to harvest this guy today.

Name:	R0015134s.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	2379641 Click image for larger version

Name:	R0015136s.jpg
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	2379642 Click image for larger version

Name:	R0015138s.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	2379643

Comment

• Need to ask, when I see Ani's photo how do you want the weight showed in kg. the proper way lbs. and oz

Comment

• Sorry, it's in grams, I can't think in lbs. and oz But I believe the scales are smarter than me and can do both.

Comment

• Golly gosh. I'm going to have to find some way of taking and posting photos. Very low tech here and terrible data allowance.

Anyway, one of Sid's Sidettes is looking like I might need to pick her soon. Going paler green and fattening up.

Comment

• Picked my first one today - will have to try to take a photo and upload it fingers crossed!
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Sooo

How do you know these guys are ready ?? , one that fell off when I touched it

Name:	IMG_20180725_081722-1752x3120.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2379666

And a wee pik of a few more, their really flying now

Name:	IMG_20180725_081731-1752x3120.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	2379667

Comment

• Ok just looked under the bush - and they were there hiding. Have three at the moment - the last one measures 32 inches - will attempt a pic - do I need to weigh it now??

Comment

• This is my biggest so far. It's 20 inches long, and a good 7.5 inches girth (!!)

Name:	20180726_192843.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	2379688

Name:	20180727_081607.jpg
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	2379689

I can't weigh it - I gave it to a friend at work!
                          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Looks good Sarriss, now what are you going to do with it, how will you handle it, bake, boil or fry

Comment

• Issy that's a good size, any chance of a photo, but more important what do you grow them in?, soil, compost or what

Comment

• Hi Rary

They are growing up a wigwam in the earth - we have weighed it on the travel scales 820 gms. I have taken a few photos - we are trying to work out how to get them on here!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X