• First half decent Tromboncino
    365g, 48cm (19") long, 10cm (4") at it's thickest point

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	2379754

Comment

• I'm going to have to pick two Sidettes today. One that's going a bit brown at one end and the other which has now hit the ground. Nowhere near Issy's one measuring 32 inches (81 cm in new money). Anyway, I'll weigh, measure, photograph and try and come up with a way of posting. Wish me luck!

Sid picked up a bit in the night, but he's not doing so very well in the heat, it has to be said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        Sid picked up a bit in the night, but he's not doing so very well in the heat, it has to be said.
        Nothing wrong, just their way of coping with hot weather, when the leaves lose water faster than the plant can take it up, as long as the soil at their roots is watered enough.
        My Uchiki Kuris do it whenever it's hot and still go on to produce the usual harvest, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment

• ^That's what I'm hoping. But he didn't look as good this morning as he has done previous mornings. Look like August is going to be a scorcher here, hotter than usual and the usual is the top 30s, low to mid 40s.

Comment

• Yay Gillykat! Once they get going, they romp away like mad, so there's definitely hope yet!
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• OK, here's the biggest one:
              72 cm long (just over 28 inches), 1045 g in weight (37 ounces), 24 cm (9.5 inches) at the widest circumference. Now to see if I can post pictures:

Edited to add: the weight is just the tromba, not the plate as well.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 01-08-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Crumbs, I'm so surprised that worked! Anyway, I also have a shorter straight one and one that has gone round in a circle. Between them, well over 2 metres and around 2.5 kg of tromba. Plus I've also picked quite a few courgettes this morning.

Sid, though, is still looking not too good. Lots of male flowers but the girls are rotting on the plant.

Comment

• Good morning, I have been a bit busy in the house and unable to get intimate the garden the past couple of days, so out this morning and had a look at how things are going and sadly my first tribal to show which I was leaving on the plant has started to rot possibly weather conditions as it has turned cold just now, with some strong winds and rain, its all,wrinkled and bent and as you can see from the photo starting to rot at the end, though it is still firm above the rot but its now in the compost binClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180801_092219_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	2379775
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I did find more trombos and they are looking ok

Name:	IMG_20180801_092027_hdr.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	2379776

As for this one I wonder what causes it to go yellow, that's what the first on did and it was curled also, beginning to think the ones that hang straight perform better

Name:	IMG_20180801_092042_hdr.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	2379777
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      so out this morning and had a look at how things are going and sadly my first tribal to show which I was leaving on the plant has started to rot possibly weather conditions as it has turned cold just now, with some strong winds and rain,
                      I'm having the same problem with lots of my plants. So if everyone could stop doing rain dances now that would be great. My plants aren't used to this wet weather and they are all starting to rot.

Comment

• First harvest

The longest one is thirty inches, pleased to say the least and still loads on there.

Name:	IMG_20180801_123550-1752x3120.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	2379787

Comment

• Wowsers!!!

Comment

• Issy’s tromba

Name:	1BE6B730-B003-4AC2-BE90-2DA60B139B19.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2379797

Name:	A9C1E5BD-05A2-4C3C-90FB-5C73742B9772.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	2379796

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                              Good morning, I have been a bit busy in the house and unable to get intimate the garden the past couple of days,
                              Just to clarify the above was an auto correct, though as I was in the house I didn't need to go out to the garden to be intimate

Comment

• Jackarmy what variety of trombo are you growing, the reason for asking is that the ones I am growing are not making as prominent a ball at the end, they are growing long with more of a swelling at the end rather than a ball
                                and could anyone tell me can I make soup with trombo and sweet pepper, and if so if I leave some of the pepper seeds in when cooking will it make it a bit hotter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X