No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took some photos this evening and have discovered one has started to rot at present he endpoint know what has caused this wondering if it's the cold, was out walking the dog this morning and there was a bitter cold wind for August this was not expected
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180809_210804.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2380014Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180809_210627_hdr.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	2380015
    You might be able to see the brown tip in the first photo and also note that the pumpkin has started to go yellowish makes me think its the cold causing it
    The second photo shows the top of the brown tipped one it's the lower of the two
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I also have a long thin one with a band round it where it was restricted by a pumpkin tendral? funny how didn't wrap round its own stems as it was closer to it
      Unable to get a photo tonight will try if I have time tomorrow
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Removed the one with the rotting end, and cut the end off, have taken a photo and it looks like a great implement to combat a pointy stick. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180812_142719_burst_02.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2380052

Name:	IMG_20180812_143239_hdr.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	2380051
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rary; 12-08-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Should have added, it made great soup

Comment

• I got a half decent Tromboncino from outside trom.
            19 1/2cm (7 1/2" ) at its widest point.
            40cm ( 15 1/2" ) long

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	2380069

Comment

• Was out having a look at my trombos this morning and I think the cold and wet is bringing them to an end as the points are starting to rot

Comment

• I picked the really big one yesterday and gave half to a friend - they could not believe their eyes when I returned from the garden carrying the tromba - so going to make soup with the rest and freeze it for the winter. Still have another on the plot just as large.

Comment

• I've got a few more ladies but no male flowers. Which is a shame.

Comment

• Removed one today definitely the cold effecting them as the rest are going the same way

Name:	IMG_20180815_194643_burst_02.jpg
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	2380107 83/4inchesClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180815_194743_hdr.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	238010826 inches long
                    And weights 3lb 8·2oz

Name:	IMG_20180815_203552_hdr.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	2380110
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by rary; 15-08-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• I have black tips too

Comment

• Has anyone got good recipes for using the trombos, as OHs not to keen on soup all the time

Comment

• Tromba Cous Cous.

Chop into chunks, blitz until it is roughly the size of rice grains.
                          Warm through in a pan or put in a bowl with a pierced cling-film lid into the Microwave for 5 mins (ish)
                          As the Tromba doesn't have a strong flavour of it's own, it goes great with curry, chilli etc.

Comment

• I've picked a couple of very impressive troms ( for my climate) today.

The first one I forgot to photograph ( gutted ! ) 19 1/2cm at widest point, 64cm long, weight 800g

Second one I did remember to photograph.

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	2380136

19cm at widest point, 59cm long, weight 790g

Comment

• He's smiling

Comment

• Have taken some photos today this one has decided it doesnt want to go out from the shelter of the leaves, must be too cold for it

Name:	IMG_20180818_164434_hdr.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	2380168
                                Last edited by rary; 21-08-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X