No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine are looking fairly perky still, but the new flowers don't seem to produce much. However, I managed to find a HUGE tromba at the back of one of my plants! I have no idea how it's stayed hidden for so long lol I'll take a picture of it as soon as I can. I'm gonna have to save it before the cold sets in!
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I was taking a photo today for the flower of the day thread, and got a pleasant surprise as there was a trombo behind it that I didn't know about
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180909_175245_hdr.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2380617Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180909_175315_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	2380618
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I also cut one off for roasting for our tea, and roasting with a garlic oil is far better than making soup with them

Name:	IMG_20180909_175346_hdr.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2380619
        It may not be that big but boy it was tasty
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• This is the one that I found on Sunday, though not very long feels quite heavyClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180913_133908_hdr.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	2380669
          As you can see a bit of damage at the end but not as bad as it looks, I also have one on the plant at 39 inches long

Comment

• My entry for the trom comp are somewhere in there's 82 pages. Good luck finding them VC . I haven't got a clue!
            I don't think I'll have anything else to enter unless I find a really freakie shaped one. Not getting anymore big one. Lots of little ones still.

I'm definitely growing them again. They've out performed Cougettes by a long way. And I really like them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
              I'm definitely growing them again. They've out performed Cougettes by a long way. And I really like them.
              Same here SP the taste and texture when cooked is far better than courgettes, and just thinking, I will head for the section for posting how to prepare and cook things, to try and find out how others cook theirs

Comment

• Mine basically gave up after producing one good fruit each.

Comment

• Mine haven't been very good this year - going black on the ends. If it had been on a person, they'd have been down the clinic.
                  I don't think they appreciated not being watered through summer.
                  My "best" one grew through the chicken wire and had a little accident when extricated.

May I introduce Richard Brokeback he's a bit embarrassed about his injury!

Name:	DSCF0107.JPG
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	2380679

I promised him you wouldn't laugh! You won't let me down, will you?

Name:	DSCF0103.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	2380680

Comment

• In certain circumstances that could be quite serious it also reminds me of something else beginning cicum ference? no that's area it something to do with the size I think

Comment

• Here's my lot for the season, we had a handful more but they went to the chickens.

Comment

• These are my last two whoppers

Name:	trombo1.jpg
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	2380694

Name:	trombo2.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	2380695

Name:	trombo3.jpg
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	2380696

And my cat Dopey was enjoying the scraps of catmint that has managed to survive assault after assault this summer lol

Name:	Dopeycatnip.jpg
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	2380697
                        And Effie remarkably chilled, enjoying the sun

Name:	Effie.jpg
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	2380698

Comment

• A very good weight there Sarriss, and like the cat, is that a, it wasn't me look on her face but much prefer the dog

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                            A very good weight there Sarriss, and like the cat, is that a, it wasn't me look on her face but much prefer the dog
                            Haha She's high as a kite on catnip and knowing her personality, she doesn't give a monkeys if I know it was her haha

Comment

• I bought I was out as I’ve been picking them small and young like courgettes - they’d stop growing and start going yellow at the tips.

...until I found this one lurking on the ground

Name:	BE86A491-AE0A-4A6F-9F0B-FC2A8DA89BBE.jpeg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	2380742
                              It’s about 105cm long and nearly 2.7kg - that’s 5lb 14oz in old money - heavier than me as a baby

Name:	6DC526D6-047B-4D31-84AC-D2F042A33B17.jpeg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	2380741
                              Last edited by WeeGarden; 17-09-2018, 12:50 PM.
                              http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• That's a biggun, weegarden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X