No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rary, that's great! What did it weigh in at? And that looks sooo long! Well done!

I'm pulling mine tomorrow, with absolutely no risk in increased blood pressure lol
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• heads up if you want seeds,KINGS seeds have them,£1.25 for 10 seeds plus postage,but if you like me can get them though your lottie site,then they only 90p plus £1 for no matter what you order,yes,i am giving up the plot,but are sharing some space on the sons plots,have to get my order in for middle next month,you will find them online in the courgetts,but in the catalogue,they in the suffolk herb section,have fun.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Rary, that is a good and proper whopper! What were its vital statistics?

Comment

• Length 1·2 mts. weight 2·2kg. and here's the pumpkins from the same bed I lifted two this morning but no way I am showing just two with the trombo
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180922_150533_hdr.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	2380840

Name:	IMG_20180922_150632_hdr.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	2380838

Name:	IMG_20180922_150750_hdr.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2380839
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Bl@@dy he11 rary !! I'm not surprised you pulled that slowly! Forget low blood pressure you could've past out .

A fine fine looking beast. Nicely done

Comment

• So today I chopped the trombas. The weather is going to get bad, so I wanted to get in there first.

Name:	tromba-monsters.jpg
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	2380842
              3.1 kg

Name:	tromba2.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	2380843

Name:	tromba1.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2380844
              This beast is 3.8 kg!

VC Edit - 3.8kg = 8.37757 lbs

Name:	tromba11.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	2380845
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 23-09-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Here is my last one just picked,and my entry,she is BIG and heavy she weighs in at neary 6.5 pound,and is 13 in at the widest,more pick with measure if wanted,this like the other one was grown outside with no feeding only kept tidy and water when i remembered
                Attached Files
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• That certainly looks like a snake about to strike

Comment

• Wow that's amazing LD! My bigg'uns were grown in the ground, outside too with very little mollycoddling. Definitely the best shape so far I think!

The two in the ground did the best. The one in the Ikea bag did best at first, but gave up the ghost three weeks before the others. One is still in the ground, but I have little hope of any further produce.

Comment

• Having read the last couple of pages I feel I might have missed out - seems very 'up my street' - I may have to have a crack at a trombo next year... Some very impressive specimens on show here - well done all...
                      Last edited by Baldy; 23-09-2018, 06:09 PM.
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Wow, that snake is really impressive!
                        Pulled this one today. It was only 164g. Mine haven't been very impressive but at least they produced something.

Name:	IMG_1147.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	2380921

Hubby says there are some better ones in the pots but I'm too wimpy to go out in the rain to look. Maybe tomorrow
                        The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• I am going grow trombo`s again next year and will be looking for the best price for the seeds so where would you recommend that I buy them from
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I bought these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vegetable...item4cfaf425db 99p for 20 seeds + 57p P&P and 5 packets for the price of 4.
                            Didn't grow them this year as I had a few leftover seeds.

Comment

• Thanks VC I will have a look at that but have never used eBay, as I prefer phoning an order, rather than using the internet

Comment

• Rary, you can have some of mine as I won't grow 20 next year!!
                                I'll put them in the post for you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X