Use seed sowing compost as mpc

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use seed sowing compost as mpc

Hi all I’ve got some seed sowing compost cheap and was wondering if I add some nutrients like fish blood etc can I use it to grow my tomatoes and cucumbers on in their final pots
    Thanks all

It would probably work so long as you feed regularly.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
      It would probably work so long as you feed regularly.
      Would you advise adding nutrients at the start like fish blood etc

Comment

are you growing your toms in all the way thro till you harvest or just to grow seeds ? if your growing till you get toms then yes mix some in and keep feeding once you get flowers with tom feed
        The Dude abides.

Comment

Seed compost doesn't have enough food in it as seedlings don't need it, growing plants will suffer without food, it's all about balance and just adding FB&B might not be enough

Comment

Tomatoes in particular are greedy feeders and have special requirements - they are prone to magnesium deficiency. You will need more than BFB to feed them so you should feed regularly with a tomato feed such as Tomorite. This would be the case with MPC anyway after a few weeks, as the nutrients disappear fairly quickly.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I would think a good combination of FB&B to start then a sprinkle of Epson salt with nettle tea augmented by comfry tea once the flowers appear would get you a nice crop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X