'Drawing' thingy for splinters?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Drawing' thingy for splinters?

I know I read a conversation some time ago about a paste/ointment for drawing out splinters etc.... I've done a few rounds with a blackthorn and although I wore gloves I still have some sneaky bits in my hands. I've done my best with needle and tweezers, but some spots are still not right.

Can anyone remember what it was? I've tried search but not getting anywhere.

I don't know if this is what other people were suggesting, but I know Magnesium Sulphate paste is very good for splinters. Apparently a paste made from Bicarb can also work, though I've not tried that myself.

Comment

a few ideas on this thread
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1457568

Comment

Yes as ramble berry as already suggested - magnesium of sulphate. Splinters can be dangerous if you don’t get it all out so it’s best to get that stuff on before it heals over. I had a thorn in my foot last year. I had to go to the surgery to get it removed and also had to have a course of antibiotics, so best to get the paste on if possible.

Comment

https://thesecretyumiverse.wonderhow...-skin-0139135/

try these ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Yes as ramble berry as already suggested - magnesium of sulphate. Splinters can be dangerous if you don’t get it all out so it’s best to get that stuff on before it heals over. I had a thorn in my foot last year. I had to go to the surgery to get it removed and also had to have a course of antibiotics, so best to get the paste on if possible.
            The thorn and not your foot I hope Scarlet

Comment

haha...yes, the thorn removed!

Comment

Poultice used to be quite common when "I were a lad", never hear of them now.
                Last edited by burnie; 28-02-2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Mix soap and sugar and cover with a 'plaster'...cheap enough and works every time.
                  Gp
                  Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

My Grandmar always wrapped as hot as he could stand onion layers around my Grandads digits. She would boil a whole onion until it was really soft then slit up the side until a layer could be peeled off. Held in place with his other hand then repeated with the onion kept hot in water.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

p.s then gently squeeze.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by geepee View Post
                        Mix soap and sugar and cover with a 'plaster'...cheap enough and works every time.
                        Gp
                        Within 24 hrs...Trust me I'm a 'An old un'.
                        Gp
                        Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X