Not too late

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too late

I have lost several of my seedlings and plants recently, so this will give me an opportunity to compare the difference of early and late sowing, this is the first I have felt that the grip of winter is loosening, so though I have had heat and light on in the greenhouse I do not expect these will be required to the same extent, so will be inter to see the difference
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

I only started sowing seed in the past week that hasn't needed the heated propagator, like the Onions, Chillies and Tomatoes, I have early brassicas sprouting in the blowaway inside the greenhouse.

Comment

I'm thinking of starting in the next few days too. Good luck, everyone.

Comment

the toms and cue's i sowed in the green house,did nothing in over a week,got them home in the heated prop and the cue's are popping up,here are signe's of pantanto toms,but not the other 16 variety,i am thinking,just maybe i had them to wet,for where they were,as i know most of the seed was fine,can always sow again before the week end,and put em in the prop,thats what gardening is all about,trial and error
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Besides the indoor stuff...................Oh I remember the joys of window ledges we have sown radish, beetrrot (as if), turnips and carrots in our tiny raised bed. It is covered with a rigid cloche but thats because of the wind (did I mention the old dog has a pongy wind problem). All of them are growing and more will be done this week.

Broad beans (Robin Hood) have been in the shed overnight and the garden during the day and are doing great. Sowed some more directly which, I hope will create a latter crop evevually.

Go on Rary.......................
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

The indoor stuff is now potted on into the greenhouse or in the case of the cucumbers still indoors, but they are 8-10" tall so looking very good.
            Of the rest we have parsnips, beetroot, leeks, onions, Black cherry and some randome supermarket Tomato ( I squashed one and planted the seeds), cauliflower, lettuce and a few long peppers too.
            I started 3 lots of flower seeds indoors too but they came up and dried off at the surface several times before there was nothing left to germinate so total loss there.
            More sowing took place Sunday with peas, more lettuce, carrots and some potting on.
            Today I popped to a garden centre at lunchtime and picked up some reduced price plug plants impatients, Dianthas and sweet pea all for £6.50 that is as cheap as buying the seed packets (but not as much fun).
            More sowings this week with more flower types and whatever I can start in the vegitable range. I didn't get a chance to mow the grass Saturday and now it looks like it's too wet untile next weekend, still it's not too late...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X