Clear All

• What's a valid Bank Holiday occupation

Some options
    1) Drinking vast quantities of Ale down the pub
    2) Incinerating some sausages on the BBQ

Can you think of any more ?
    Happy Holiday
    Jimmy
    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Going shopping is probably the single most popular family activity - luckily I never want to be popular, so hopefully I'll just be pottering around ineffectually in my garden as usual . :-)

Comment

Cultivating freckles/sunburn
      Leaving a trail of ice cream drips through the park

Comment

Allotment on Sat, visiting parents on Sun/Mon. Persuading/teaching the small person to ride his first bicycle with pedals (he happily hoons about on his balance bike). Ice-cream always a possibility...

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post
          Allotment on Sat, visiting parents on Sun/Mon. Persuading/teaching the small person to ride his first bicycle with pedals (he happily hoons about on his balance bike). Ice-cream always a possibility...
          I remember when I learnt to ride a bike.
          We were on holiday down at my Uncles farm in Bristol.
          I was only very young.
          My Aunty held on to the back of the saddle and I rode round and round and round their greenhouse on the grass.
          Suddenly I came round again and there she was stood by herself. I had gone round by myself !

Jimmy
          Last edited by Jimmy; 04-05-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

same for me in my grandparents' back garden...

(wonder if I can farm the job out to my parents... )

Comment

It is what you and family wish to do,depending on the weather and money,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Every day's a Bank Holiday when you're retired - so I shall be doing the same as always - not much.

Comment

Probably something inside. Can guarantee it'll be ****ing it down.

Like today!

Comment

Just had an eye op so trying not to be an "invalid" - ha!
                    I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

This:- Black Sheep Border Morris

Saturday - dancing out with these lovely ladies Belfagan Women's Morris: About us at Black Sheep's Day of Dance in Barnard Castle, together with 100 or so other morris dancers and musicians...
                      Sunday - An 8 hour round trip to meet up with cousins I only see once a year or so
                      Monday - Recovery. Allotment? Potting on? Lounging about with the kids?
                      Tuesday - my usual non-working day. Weather permitting, intensive day on the allotment.

Comment

Well this year is going to be a bit different for our early May Bank Holiday. Today (taken day off) and tomorrow I'm tidying up in the garden, weeding, moss removing, putting up gazebo and outside furniture, then Sunday we're having the christening of our daughter. So trip to church Sunday early aft before approx 65—70 back to the house and garden (please dont rain) for drinks and buffet. Monday will be mainly tidying up, and probably going to something like the scarecrow festival or similar.

Comment

Ahh Morris Click image for larger version

Name:	Men.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	2378083 Persons

Guaranteed to be some beer close by !

Jimmy

Comment

Monday isn't a Bank Holiday here
                            ....but Tuesday and Thursday are!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh certainly! But we collect for charity, not beer money.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X