No announcement yet.

What's a valid Bank Holiday occupation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wife and I went to a beer festival in a local town but didn't know the exact location of the venue.
    I heard some music and spied some Morris Dancing in the distance.
    I said to the Wife, that's were it will be.
    And true enough it was.
    Jimmy
    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Working :'(. On a flight at 7.10, back at 21.15. However I get the time off in lieu so I get to choose my own Bank Holiday when everyone else is back at work, feel a smug zone coming on.....

Comment

Like VC said. When you're retired every day is a bank holiday.
        However, I will be doing my favourite things, puttering, gardening and walking in the park.
        If we stop off for an ice cream or a drink do be it.
        Enjoy it whatever you're doing.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I'll see my parents for a bit tomorrow. They are going to bring me some badly needed compost. Sunday and Monday are mostly about house cleaning and gardening.

Comment

Working for some of it. Hoping to build a netted bench to protect brassica seedlings from slugs, butterflies and pigeons too.

Comment

As little as possible. Generally avoid days out simply because everyone else likely to be doing similar, so after traffic jams, lots of queuing, and a rush in the evening it ceases to feel like a day off. If weather is fine I'll likely sit outside with a few beers and whoever is about, if not inside with a few beers and a TV box set.. makes no difference to me

Comment

I will be juggling allotment, gardening, work and watching top class racing (my other hobby), as well as mucking out my horses and doing my friend's garden as always at the weekend. Tomorrow night is a late night as its the Kentucky Derby which is usually on around midnight.
                Last edited by Penellype; 04-05-2018, 08:24 PM.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I will be putting my chillies in the greenhouse. Pottering around the garden. Wife is out on Saturday night so a 10k run is in order. More of the same on Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

This:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Baa Baa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	2378114

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9573.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	2378115

Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                      Like VC said. When you're retired every day is a bank holiday.
                      I retire in October, assuming the great roulette wheel of life allows me that far!

I am some what surprised at the replies. I expected most people would have said things to do in the garden. But sort of glad to see people have other persuts involving family etc.

It's been bliss for me. Spending the day pottering on various garden jobs.such as dismanteling the propogater and benches. Getting the grow bags in GH. I have 9 toms in already with more to come.

At the end of the day a trip to he pub with the wife. Yes I know taking the wife is a bit strange but she does pay for all the beer. On retuning home we finished on some pizzas.

Jimmy
                      Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X