Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these chard leaves diseased? Or lil miner guys at work?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earthgirl Jen View Post
    baps found some more today this is what you're up against,
    Ok I may have exaggerated their size

This is what the leaf looked like on my celeriac
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]81164[/ATTACH]

This is how big the ' little blighters' are
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]81165[/ATTACH]

If you rub the top layer off your leaf you will see them
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]81166[/ATTACH]

Sorry for adding the misleading disinfo regarding size, but they sure move fast on a leaf and there is usually more than one !
    Oh, no not misleading at all. I didn't find anything but I also didn't poke at the leaves. That's helpful, thankyou for taking the pics. I'll keep an eye out for them if there are more.

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    There are caterpillars that can feed on tomato leaves - I sometimes find green ones in my friend's greenhouse. Have a good look as something (probably a moth) may have laid a batch or 2 of eggs on one of the plants.

This one is a possibility:
    Bright-line Brown
    Eww caterpillars are creepy things. I'll have a browse around the leaves see if I can find anything. Thanks!

Baps.

Comment

And just as an update, the chard have indeed sprung back very well. Today, there were more brown spots on a couple of the leaves. First since I pulled all the damage leaves (like 90% of them). These leaves indeed had little white munchers underneath, so bang on.

Pulled a few more and hopefully they'll continue to grow.

Baps.

Comment

Baps since my last post I started tearing of just the damaged bits of leaves, it seems to work and giving the leaves change to grow larger with no damage.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X