Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froggies good, hop hop

Comment

I would say good but maybe not as good as many say.
      Recall something pointing out they, or toads, may eat slugs but a slug is not really appealing. So it is a sort of last resort. Which makes sense.

They likely do eat others things that are negative, however I think worms are more palatable to them so expect a worm or two to get devoured, which could be considered bad. But worms get devoured by many of the wildlife. Must have been complained at by a blackbird thinking you want to steal their worm - I have several times.

However being another aspect of wildlife then they add to the mix and so make the balance more varied. In effect the more varied the better.

Probably need to determine what they actually devour rather then tales and reports. Seeing few slugs and an occasional frog doesn't mean they are the reason for the slug reduction, if there is an actual reduction.

They are fun to have around.

Comment

As Miss Piggy would say - froggy very very good.

Comment

Froggy good. At the very least they indicate that your garden is wildlife friendly and a good balance of wildlife is important in general. What you don't want is a situation where pests get out of control because there are no predators.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Froggy not so good when.................https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-44673819

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Froggy not so good when.................https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-44673819
              Was about to say "Bad Froggy"

Comment

No, mustn't!! You'll spoil Froggy's reputation and this agreeable thread.

Comment

Shhh... everyone will want one
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    if it's good enough for Mr Froggie then it's good enough for me

Comment

Froggies good

Comment

Don't judge...
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                          Froggies very good.

So is his cousin toady if any of them come to visit as well.
                          Not sure I can tell froggie from toady. Look generally froggie.

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                          Lucky you,it's slugs and snails you bother about,as they love vegges,
                          Oh have plenty of slugs. Been going out after dark to wage war on 'em. Now I'm not sure if it's my slugwar that appears to be improving my beans or perhaps froggie.

Thanks for the awesome response guys!

Baps.

Comment

Toady good too - Toady has warts.

Comment

I have as many toadies as froggies you'll soon look up the difference... They will 'lie in wait' in a bucket/tub/etc and scare the 'bejeezus' out of you when something moves in the water, just like the blackbirds do on a daily basis in my garden...
                              I have 'ninja' blackbirds at the moment trying to get the berries from the Amelanchier tree!

Comment

Since the population of frogs has grown in my garden the slugs have decreased DRAMATIClY.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X