Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilting beans in this hot weather

Should I water my beans every night in this hot weather as they are in pots

Not tried growing beans in containers, but I'd say Yes. Might be worth putting the pots on trays with sand/gravel in so that they can root through, then you can water them in that too.

Comment

I have some climbing French beans in a hanging basket and they need plenty of water, I use the finger test, shove my finger in the soil, if it's dry I water, if it's wet, then no.

Comment

HI POB,if they in pots,they would benefit from standing in a container that holds water,that way you will see how much they need,just give more water when they dry,or you could put some 1.5 or 3 inch pipe just into the top of the pot and pour water into that,it will get water to the roots,same with a plant pot,this weather they need it ,the smaler the pot,the more water it will need in this heat.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I presume you mean runners.

I grow my runners in buckets 1 plant per bucket and in this weather have to water them well every evening when the sun has gone off them.

If you don't keep your compost moist it will affect bean set.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I grow my beans in 60 ltr containers/canvas bags, 6/8 plants per bag.
            They get a thorough soak every night,they are basically marsh plant and rarely take harm from TOO MUCH water.....conversely, they DO NOT like DROUGHT.
            Gp
            Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Yes to the watering daily at the moment as its been so hot and rainless, and in a tray as suggested above
              Last edited by chillithyme; 30-06-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X