No announcement yet.

How is your Butternut Squash?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bren in Pots, sadly I think you are going to run out of year before your lovely looking sqash plants get to grow properly. There's always next year when you can start them earlier ready for going out as soon as frost is past. Good luck.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Alice I think you're right

I blame the weather just hope its better next year.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I had too many butternuts two years ago...about a dozen large fruits that I got bored of before I ate them all. Since then, nada. Last year was too hot and dry, this year too cold and wet. Here's a pic of this year's crop for you all to laugh at (don't worry he can't hear you). Its smaller than a tennis ball. the Mars pumpkin is slightly bigger, like a small football - not worth carving though
        Attached Files
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It's great to see how everyody got on with their squash - good or bad. Isn't it funny how things do better or worse in some places - and not always where you would think.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Two Sheds, if your b.squash is nearly the size of a tennis ball,is that lawn or table tennis. Mine have grown to the size of small marbles. Even the ornamental squashes are bigger and the pumpkins are none existant.
            I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X