Lifeless looking courgettes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifeless looking courgettes

This variety is a first for me. Usually I just buy one or two of the long green (cucumber looking ones) from a garden centre and plop those in.

My questions are, is the yellow just old age? Is it because the fruit has been left on too long?

Why are the leaves yellowing and browing up? Is it just lack of water or something more sinister ?
    Attached Files

What variety is it? I don't think the yellowing is anything to worry about, just the oldest leaves dying off naturally.
    He-Pep!

Comment

It might be a lack of some nutrient. Have you given them a feed at all?
      They do produce a lot of leaf growth, as well as fruit, so there is always going to be some leaf deterioration.
      Are they producing much fruit?

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
        What variety is it? I don't think the yellowing is anything to worry about, just the oldest leaves dying off naturally.
        They are the Franchi range called 'Zucchino Tondo Chiarao Di Nizza'.

Besides their ridiculous size, they are not as tasty as the other ones so I won't be growing them again.

We've had some rain over the past few days and the plant seems to have picked up, so I'll put it down to drought.

Comment

Originally posted by SalfordWhite View Post
          It might be a lack of some nutrient. Have you given them a feed at all?
          They do produce a lot of leaf growth, as well as fruit, so there is always going to be some leaf deterioration.
          Are they producing much fruit?

I mulch the beds yearly with mushroom compost. What feed would you use as a supplement ?

Yes, the fruit is quite bountiful, just lacking quality.
          Last edited by Forage420; 13-08-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I’d never bother feeding something as quick and productive as a courgette

As you found, some of the prettier ones don’t taste as good as the slim green or yellow ones (I like Taxi)
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X