Solitary bees

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitary bees

My insect hotel has been so popular this year that after all the canes were filled, the mason bees used the spaces in between as well!

Click image for larger version

Name:	insecthotel1.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	801.5 KB
ID:	2582584 Click image for larger version

Name:	insecthotel2.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	808.1 KB
ID:	2582585
    The leafcutter bees didn't get much of a look in, they emerge later than the masons, so most of the spaces were already taken.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

It does look nice and busy MH.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
      My insect hotel has been so popular this year that after all the canes were filled, the mason bees used the spaces in between as well! ...
      Very cool! We put one up - it's still there - on a house wall, it filled up nicely. Unfortunately the local woodpeckers thought we'd set up a convenient cafe for them and they hammered away at the front to dig out the bee larvae... ah well.

To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

^^^ oh wow!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ah, that's a shame SBP. The same thing happened to my bro's. He put up a new one on the fence behind a shrub that brushes right up to it and so far the peckers either haven't found it, or can't reach it through the shrub. Mine is shielded by my raspberry canes, though to be honest I rarely see a woodpecker now, too many houses have been built in the fields around us.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
            Ah, that's a shame SBP. The same thing happened to my bro's. He put up a new one on the fence behind a shrub that brushes right up to it and so far the peckers either haven't found it, or can't reach it through the shrub. Mine is shielded by my raspberry canes, though to be honest I rarely see a woodpecker now, too many houses have been built in the fields around us.
            I guess. It's live and let live on the whole round here - except for muntjac and rabbits! Oh and f'ing squirrels scrumping all our apples!!! We put up a Lidl cheapie but nothing has moved in. Stood outside earlier and could hear a noise - a wasp munching down the edge of the insect box, you can see the lines! Lol.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

…and even more amazing - nice bit of extended wildlife going on there SBP !
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X