Foxes this evening!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxes this evening!

Went outside trying to work out what the horrendous screeching was ( like a very loud cat fight)- and using the torch we saw about 5 pairs fox eyes reflecting
    Clearly the noise was coming from a couple of them....take a listen to the fox distress and fox territory calls...( went on for about 20 mins)...

TMV - Fox Sounds
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

must have sounded realy eerie in the dark,hope the chickens are safe,wonder what it was distressed about
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Wait til you hear their mating screaming Nicos. You'll be sure somebody is being murdered. Watch out for your chooks - day and night.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Are there any badgers around any more?
        My grandmother kept hens and it was always badgers that tried to attack the henhouse, never heard her mention the foxes.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

i've heard them a few times, first time i heard it i was so convinced it was a girl screaming, i dashed out in my dressing gown to see what was happening, only to come face to face with a fox ...... horrid noise innit

Comment

There's certainly badgers around us and they can make a terrible mess of a field of sheep with lambs. At this time of year, we see the tracks in the morning in the fresh snow. So far we've not had them bothering the chooks, fingers crossed though.
            I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
              There's certainly badgers around us and they can make a terrible mess of a field of sheep with lambs.
              Really?
              Badgers are opportunistic feeders, and will eat a wide variety of foods they come across. A badger will readily steal food from a fox (which will kill chickens and pets) but not usually make a kill itself. They will also eat roadkill.

Lambs that have already died may be eaten by badgers, but badgers do not kill lambs as a rule. It is more likely that the lambs have died from natural causes, exposure (being too cold or wet), infection or by dogs or foxes, and the badger eats the already-dead animal (and gets the blame for the murder).
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 07-02-2009, 06:58 AM.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X