Swallows?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swallows?

Any one seen any Swifts, Swallows or House Martins yet?
    Cant wait to hear them squealing and jabbering over head.

Can't say I have, but apparently there were a few buzzards flying over our allotment when I was there last. All I could see were some big eagle type things.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Not a one yet...
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Nope we have a load of swallow nests in the barn and they haven't arrived yet, be interesting to see what the chooks make of them as anything in the yard gets dive bombed by them normally ;D
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Sandmartins and 2 swallows seen in Angus by the local twitchers already!,I've seen the sandies but not the swallows.Still got Waxwings and Pinkfooted Geese,so the winter birds haven't gone yet,strange.

Comment

No not yet, although I did nearly get a face full of Sparrowhawk while working on a hedge in the countryside this afternoon
            http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

nothing here either...can't wait though...very relaxing to watch the birdies!
              "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

I am sure it was this time last year that I saw my first swallows- every thing seems about 2 weeks late this year. Hedgerows only just going really green now- that is nearly 3 weeks late!
                Just cant wait to hear the swallows! though I keep getting tricked by the Pied Wagtails- they seem to make a similar sound?
                Last edited by Headfry; 31-03-2009, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Just been down village and called at Agri dealers on way back and on the wire going across there yard 2 Swallows sitting there they had been back about a week was told....jacob
                  What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                  Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I saw one yesterday!! BRILLIANT. I love swallows.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

We have had them here for about 10 days now and they are already flying in and out of our outbuildings looking for potential nest sites. I also heard the first cuckoo a couple of days ago. Hopefully Spring is on its way
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

I first saw them on March 30th - they have apparantly been here since the 13th though.

Comment

Noticed our first two on Monday- must go and open up the barn window for them!!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Just seen 3 Housemartins

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Still waiting for them here in Oxon!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X