Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildlife Trust

Hi
    I've joined the Surrey Wildlife Trust today. This is the first time I've joined anything like this but am hoping to learn quite a bit from them and would like to get some bee identification leaflets etc. Does anyone else belong to a wildlife trust?
    AKA Angie

I work for the Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust

Comment

I took my nieces to Martin Mere where the Wetland and Wildlife Trust hangs out - ended up buying my brother a year's family membership for his birthday

Over here in Lincolnshire the trust has sites at Far Ings and Lincoln both of which we visit regularly. The Lincoln one in summer was amazing for dragon flies
      The cats' valet.

Comment

Hi,
        We are in the Warwickshire Wildlife Trust. However, we have not had time to go to any event or to even walk in their areas yet. But as spring/summer kick in, will be ideal to take our little one for strolls!
        "You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" - Dorothy Parker

Comment

Does anyone know if the hold funghi forays?
          AKA Angie

Comment

I'm a member of Sussex WFT.

I just agree with everything they do, so thought Id try and support thrm

Comment

Same here Mcbee, I had a great chat with the man from the Trust. It was really informative and with so much wildlife in decline, I think it's really important.
              AKA Angie

Comment

As a volunteer for the Dorset Wildlife Trust I quickly learned how important a part gardeners can play in helping support native wildlife.

Comment

I belong to the Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust and the Woodland Trust.
                  Had a fantastic afternoon and evening learning about and then watch badgers in Wytham Woods in Oxon. Also been on some great mushroom forays! all thanks to the Great- BBOWT! thanks folks!

Comment

My OH is a bird watcher and we are members of norfolk and dorset wildlife trusts - to support all their good works. Guess were we go for hols

Comment

Yep, Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Cheshire wildlife here - not done anything with them but keep meaning to go to some of their talks / walks as they look good. Got their mag this weekend and there was an article about wildlife gardens and they're trying to get people to aim for acreditation based on various categories. Am thinking of applying for the lottie as a bit of fun, get a plaque for the gate and everything.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Cheshire wildlife here - not done anything with them but keep meaning to go to some of their talks / walks as they look good. Got their mag this weekend and there was an article about wildlife gardens and they're trying to get people to aim for acreditation based on various categories. Am thinking of applying for the lottie as a bit of fun, get a plaque for the gate and everything.
                          That sounds interesting. Do they come round and mark you or something? I would be really nervous
                          AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                            Same here Mcbee, I had a great chat with the man from the Trust. It was really informative and with so much wildlife in decline, I think it's really important.
                            Can you let me have the details hon?
                            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                              That sounds interesting. Do they come round and mark you or something? I would be really nervous
                              Think you just have to send photos but haven't looked into it properly yet, need to check the web site for full details.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X