Another surprise

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another surprise

Hi All, I have just gone to go up the garden and thought that I would clear the hole to the robin box so that they could see it. When i started to take the first cut something flew out of the honeysuckle and I noticed that on TOP of the robin box a mistle thrush has made its nest. I quickly vacated the area and am hoping that I didnt scare her totally off the nest...
    Donna

"You need to propagate to accumulate..."

Thrushes don't scare easy Raindance so I think she will be OK.
    I saw my first baby bird of the year today. Couldn't be sure what it was as it had no markings but it had all the characteristic moves of a robin.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Phew, good to hear... thank you Alice

Ohhh congrats, I cant wait to see the first fledglings here... Just been out and brought another big bag of bird food but sadly they had run out of mealworms so Mr Robin may have to go hunt a bit more for a while I am going to be out digging in the garden anyway so he will be ok
      Donna

Comment

[QUOTE=Raindancer411;427118]Phew, good to hear... thank you Alice

Just been out and brought another big bag of bird food but sadly they had run out of mealworms QUOTE]

Hi Donna,

We order our mealworms online and they are next day delivered from wiggly wrigglers (google it) £5.70 for 3 tubs 40g including delivery.
        BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
        Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Thank you for that BumbleB, will go and pay a visit to google that site now

Looks like I will be needing more as the Great Tit has been spending a lot of time in the box and the thrush is on her nest a lot so I take it they are both sitting on eggs...
          Donna

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X