Grass Snake

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Snake

Just been walking the dogs on the local common (reclaimed Grimethorpe Colliery) and amazed with how wildlife moves in so quickly. It was reclaimed only 4 years ago but it is full of wildflowers, birds (especially sky larks and lapwings), and insects and just gets better year after year. Isn't nature amazing!

My stupid Springer went in a puddle and was happily mud snorkling when Sprocket my clever Sprollie went in also. Within seconds she was out stood on the path growling. Boots was oblivious to the fact that he was sharing the puddle with a 6ft grass snake, thank goodness it wasn't an adder!

Have never had the priviedge to see one before and can't believe the diversity there is. Guess thats thanks to the forestry commission.
    Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
    Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

6ft is BIG even for a grass snake! Adders are much smaller of course, and slowworms (which are not snakes, but look like a snake at first glance) are smaller still.
    Adders usually prefer to get out of everyone's way, and only bite if feeling threatened (apart from their small prey of course). I've seen very few grass snakes, but quite a lot of adders.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Eww.urrmmm...sort of half waiting to find one hiding in our rockery
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X