Has anyone seen?????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen?????

I've just been watching "SPRING WATCH" when a question came up, " has anyone seen any ladybirds???". So i thought it would be a good idea to post a thread to see if anyone had. I for one haven't and i think it very sad. This could be one of the reason for the swarm's of green fly?

I've seen two which isn't a huge amount. It's quite worrying really.
    AKA Angie

Comment

i have seen one........ and that was about a week and a half ago

Comment

I know we can send away for them, but it's so sad we don't see as many in there natural habitat, my garden and me are really missing them.

Comment

must admit, i've not seen any - plenty of other insects/flying things!

Comment

They must all be on my plot then - I've had ladybirds for weeks & weeks (I don't use chemicals to control aphids - I use companion planting instead). If you eradicate their food, you eradicate the ladybird.

Tons of bees too on the coriander and chive flowers.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have lots too and have had for quite some time.
              A good beginning is half the work.
              Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

I've not seen one this year despite having a ladybird house smeared with food which attracted them last year in their droves. Plenty of aphids sitting on my veg awaiting them too.
                I use no chemicals, never have done.
                Does anyone remember the hot summer of 76 when clouds of 'em were engulfing buses, houses, trees etc? Certainly here on the South Coast, anyway.

Comment

I've seen about 2 british ones.
                  Had loads of those non-native ones living in the house over winter but they seem to have gone too.

Comment

Seen a few here in the last week. I keep having a good look incase they are the dreaded harlequins !
                    odd notes about our kitchen garden project:
                    http://www.distractedbyathing.net/tag/garden/

Comment

I've got billions of them, they are all over my globe artichokes. Lots of larvae too luckily, because there's plenty of blackfly to keep them fed.
                      I've seen a few larvae changing into ladybirds too (not sure what this process is called) it's very interesting though!

Comment

Several, but not loads. (Non-specific numeral system there!)
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Think I've seen one Mind you the whole garden has gone to pot this year, so they aint missing much

Comment

I saw quite a few larvae around my Raspberry canes, but so far only one mature on my buddleia. I hope they turn up soon! My roses are covered in aphids!
                            Knittering

Comment

Yep, had quite a few here, and some babies.
                              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X