HedgeHog

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HedgeHog

Hi, my grandma has found a hedgehog which accasionally visits her garden.As they are not common i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to attract it for it to stay...............

Originally posted by seeds View Post
    Hi, my grandma has found a hedgehog which accasionally visits her garden.As they are not common i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to attract it for it to stay...............
    cat food and milk

Comment

Milk is a no no for hedgehogs ..cat food and dog biscuits are good.

plenty, plenty of fresh water. Somewhere to hibernate ...and lots of logs and leaves to attract beetles etc
      Don't shut them in your garden- they need to roam about 3 miles a night looking for nosh.

Just make your garden more attractive to hedgehogs than your neighbours and they'll want to stay longer in yours!!!

Good luck!!

(There are plenty of threads on this if you use the search facility)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

SLUGS,SNAILS, hedgehogs love them, and you can buy hedgehog food in a tin most good pet stores should stock it, its got everything in it that they need..... GOOD LUCK
        I agree with NICOS never give hedgehogs milk, it gives them the runs and makes them really ill not good.

Comment

I remember I put food out for ours one night, he walked up to it sniffed and walked off! A little while late next door's cat turned up and ate it

Comment

Although they do eat snails and slugs, I believe that they carry lungworm which then see off the hedgehog eventually- so it's best not to offer slugs and snails, but encourage beetles/worms etc.

This is an excellent site....

Epping Forest Hedgehog Rescue - Feeding Hedgehogs

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Milk is a no no for hedgehogs ..cat food and dog biscuits are good.
              actually i take back what i said about the milk.. nicos is right (i just read in a gardening mag that it's harmful to hedgehogs cos it's too rich for them)

but cat food (and dog food) is fine

Comment

thanks, we have not seen it recently but when we looked the next morning the cat food had been eaten which is a good sign

Comment

Go to enquiries@pricklyballfarm.co.uk they have all the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by seeds View Post
                    thanks, we have not seen it recently but when we looked the next morning the cat food had been eaten which is a good sign

Urmm..could have been rats

Hedgehogs seem to poo around food..black slimy stuff..

my experience is that the scat tends o be more sloppy than this piccie...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qu8NjKCT2U...ug+24+2007.jpg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X