X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jogette
    started a topic Poor little Robin

Poor little Robin

I have several bird feeders in the garden so get lots of visitors. Last week I noticed a robin that had it's beak open and the feathers on one side of its face were darker than normal so I thought perhaps it had been in a fight for the (hopefully desirable) territory that is my back garden.
    I've been putting out food for him (?) crumbling a fat ball, chopping left over chicken, pounding peanuts in the mortar and pestle so its small enough for him. He is very appreciative and when he sees my face at the window comes up to the back door to be fed.
    My allotment is close to my house (I'm so lucky) about the equivalent of 6 or 7 gardens away and while I was up there today my friend pointed out the robin with the open beak - and yes it was him, he had followed the sound of my voice and was keeping us company although after a while he was chased away by another robin.
    When I came home my son took some photos of him with his super-duper camera and I was really upset to see that what I thought was a scab healing by his beak looks bigger and I wonder if it is a tumour. He has a strange shape too - very humpy - like a tennis ball.
    Our little Robin sits outside our back door - his favourite places are the antlers on the wall or the stretcher of the chair outside the door - we have a perspex roof over the area so it's sheltered.
    I'll try to upload a photo of him for you.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X