Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little blue cap- blue tit
    Little black cap - great tit

hope this helps, I get confused too, and as for the coal tits............?

Can anyone sort Reed buntings from Tree pipits for me please......
    I think they may be Reed buntings. 4-5 most days, possibly even a male with a blacker head????

Comment

We have only recently started to get long tailed tits in the garden, apparently they are becoming more common. In the winter you might also see 'tit flocks' whereby blue, great, coal and long tailed tits will live together to find food more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ View Post
        We have only recently started to get long tailed tits in the garden, apparently they are becoming more common. In the winter you might also see 'tit flocks' whereby blue, great, coal and long tailed tits will live together to find food more easily.
        I had a pair in my garden the other day !( long tailed )

I have just recently put up a new bird feeder closer to my kitchen window about 4 metres away, birds wouldnt go near it for about a week !

Just started to take interest now
        Attached Files
        You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

The best way of attracting such birds in the garden is through putting out peanuts (in a metal container), fat products and meal worms (either dried or live). In my own garden blue & great tits only seem to go for black sunflower seeds and fat, whilst the long tailed tit just focuses on the fat products.

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
            Little blue cap- blue tit
            Little black cap - great tit

hope this helps, I get confused too, and as for the coal tits............?

Can anyone sort Reed buntings from Tree pipits for me please......
            I think they may be Reed buntings. 4-5 most days, possibly even a male with a blacker head????
            I may have the same problem. I'm fairly convinced it's a reed bunting I saw, these are becoming more common in the garden. The bunting has a black head and chest although at this time of year the bunting's chest is less pronounced and may be speckled. The tail in flight of a bunting has pronounced white edges.
            Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X