First crocus

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First crocus

This morning we have our first flowering crocus in the lawn - even though it is only one flower, what a breath of fresh air after such a long and cold winter. The bulbs in the garden normally flower early to mid February so there is obviously a delay this year which is not surprising considering the weather.

Lovely aren't they Dave - picture please?

Here's some from my garden, they are in a pot on the patio table which is directly outside my dining room window - lovely to look at

aka
    Suzie

Comment

Our Britian in Bloom group have planted - over 2 years a river of crocus along one of the verges into the village. The first lot that came out last year were bright yellow and looked fabulous. We don't know for a few weeks what colour the rest will be! We hope to put in more next year. Mass plantings are fantastic and crocus, as small and sweet things, are really good.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My first yellow ones are up- noticed them yesterday. One minute they weren't there- then suddenly in flower...clever stuff eh??
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

And there was me thinking that Spring was just around the corner - it is snowing again! At least when Spring does arrive I know I'll appreciate it even more after this winter. Can't wait to get back into the garden.

Comment

My cream ones have been showing flowers for about a week, but it's not been sunny enough for them to open properly. Same with the snowdrops. Waiting for some warm(ish) sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
              Mass plantings are fantastic and crocus, as small and sweet things, are really good.
              Many years ago I lived near Plymouth, and worked in an office on what was called St Andrew's Cross. There was a grassed roundabout planted up with blue and white crocus in the shape of St Andrew's cross - looked fantastic in early spring.

Comment

Why do I ALWAYS wish I'd planted many , many more bulbs????

So, so pretty!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Crocus are great for bees - keep growing folks!

Comment

I think spring is later this year. My bulbs are up but not really open as they need a bit of sun. How does everyone get crocus to stand up. I find the first rain on the heavy flower head and they all fall over and then rot. Got so disheartened with this last year decided not to plant any more.
                    Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

mum has snowdrops and crocus in her front garden they have been out for about two weeks, wish I had planted some but as mine is a new garden plenty of time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X