Friend, Foe or mouldy Rice Crispy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend, Foe or mouldy Rice Crispy?

I was just planting some Choy Sum seeds (Although the packet reference said CHINCAB so I won't be surprised if Chinese Cabbage grows there, but that's another story) and I noticed something that looked like a Rice Crispy on the soil.
    After a quick inspection I decided to do what any logical, grown-up gardener would do and gave it a good squeeze to see how hard it was. It was just a little harder than a Rice Crispy, but had some white, moist content, very much like it was some kind of egg.

I searched the ground again and found another couple, anyone any ideas:

This one's cut in half to try and show contents, but my camera phone's macro function isn't the best.
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

A couple of questions Ollie. Has the soil had any compost added? It could be one/ some of those fertilizer granules that get put into various composts.
    Or could it be slug eggs? These are a little more translucent and pristine in condition when one unearths them - but it is hard to tell with ordinary photos.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

well looking at slug eggs, they do look the right size and colour, but they weren't in a clump and the pictures all look like they're slimy, but these were particularly dry.
      That said, they didn't look like fertiliser pellets either, they had a definate crust and the insides weren't solid. That and I haven't added much bought compost to that bed, but I have added my homemade stuff. Perhaps they are slug eggs and were laid in the old compost and have been spread about now.
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X