Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue tits nesting

a couple screenshots of the video nestbox
    mrs bt sitting comfortably currently on 7 eggs with mr bt visiting every 10-15 minutes to feed her
    finding this so much more interesting to watch than normal tv
    Attached Files

How lovely to be able to watch them. We've blackbirds nesting somewhere nearby and I had a horrible thought they were in the ivy on the bottom fence which is about to be replaced. Having been clearing it today I'm pleased to say there was no sign of a nest.

Comment

Really lovely! I wouldn't get anything done if I had a nestcam - I'd be sat watching them all day. Fascinating. Thanks for sharing these photos with us.
      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

We have a pair back in our box attached to the house. We've had them nesting in that box for years, but the boxes way up the garden on the trees are never used.
        I'm currently watching the neigbouring cats...grrr!
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

8 eggs in there this morning

Comment

ok, quick update
            10 eggs laid in total, finished laying wed 25th and they started hatching on sunday
            we have
            7 hatchlings
            2 eggs left
            1 hatchling which had died as has been turfed out the nest

sorry for the poor photo quality but grabbed a quick pick of the tv with the cameraphone on my way out this morning
            fasinating to watch, within minutes out the shell they were cramming grubs and such down there gobs
            Attached Files

Comment

This is wonderful, thank you soooo much for sharing! Isn't spring wonderful??? (even if its rained for weeks).
              If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

ok, so definately 9 hatchlings and my what an appetite and rate of growth
                still blind but making chirp noises now

mum + dad have their work cut out feeding these

have put out some mealworms which we have soaked for an hour in warm water so hope this is ok, says ok in the books
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X