Large Family to feed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Family to feed

The family is quite noisy and both parents are very busy, in and out.
    We have a suet feeder on the feeding station and they both swoop in and hurry back to the nest.
    They each have a different approach. One zooms out of the box and heads off left, without a pause and comes back in a roundabout fashion. Has a feed at the holders, perches on the fence then dawdles back, stopping every so often and looking around. Eventually making it back to the nest behind the trellis and hiding in the foliage.
    The other one comes out fairly fast, also going to the left and returning the same way but goes straight to the trellis in front of the box, looks around and then disappears.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sanjo; 02-05-2012, 05:17 PM.

Lovely.

We had a great tit visit y'day, they don't usually come to us. He's got to do battle with the blackbirds, robin and sparrows
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Wonderful! We had 3 goldcrests on the lawn yesterday - never seen them on the lawn before, but was entranced and too scared to move to get the camera....
      If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

We have the VERY occasional Goldfinch and sometimes a chaffinch and once a spotted woodpecker. After the fleeting visit by the Goldfinch my husband bought a niger seed holder and the seed. It went mouldy as it never came back that year.

Comment

lots of birds in my garden - because of lurcher - virtually no cats around ever, I'm always digging to remove weeds because of organic gardening, so they get plenty of worms and they like to bathe in the earth dust left on the path after sweeping... just watched some of them do this - so happy just to be alive and wallow in a bit of dust! lovely!

Comment

I saw my first red-headed woodpecker yesterday.
            Spectacular and I was most impressed with its size.
            My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
            Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X