No announcement yet.

No ladybirds!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only seen 2 or 3 ladybirds this year. No aphids.

Everything is connected. One species has a bad year and other species are affected too.

Curiously, we didn't have a particularly cold or wet winter, so I've no explanation.
    Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
    Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

My plot up in Leeds seems to have tons of ladybirds. Don't know if that's "normal" for the plot as it's the first year I've had it.
      http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

I'm in Wiltshire and it's been a strange year for bugs.
        Only seen one red ladybird but lots of yellow ones.
        Hardly any slugs or snails. Last year millions.
        And fewer bees, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by nerobot View Post
          My plot up in Leeds seems to have tons of ladybirds. Don't know if that's "normal" for the plot as it's the first year I've had it.
          Better than the usual ladyboys ey , soz, couldnt resist

Comment

I was bemoaning the lack of Ladybirds here, too. My Cardoon is absolutely covered in Blackfly - I blame the Sycamores, they're ruddy chock-a-block full of 'em!

Trots off to explore the www for larvae...
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Only seen the odd ladybird,both home and plots,the odd butterfly earlier in the year,as for bees,there was quite a few on the chive flowers several days ago,snails are very prevailant in the undisturbed weeds,and what whoppers some are,the odd slug,and green fly on the broadies,i wonder if because veggies are not growing so fast this year,it is the reason for none appearance,we usually see lots of baby ladybirds on the growing plants,so not all is lost yet,i hope.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

All a bit worrying really. We underestimate the role the little fellas play in the grand scheme of things i.e. pollination, a food source for fledglings etc.
                The balance of nature is a very delicate thing.
                Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

And i bet theres someone out there blaming such things as climate change , habitat destruction , pesticide use , the fact theres so much air pollution that breathing problems are multiplying tenfold every generation , bloody do gooders ey ?

Maybe one day we will get a government that actually gives a sheisn, doubt it tho, they all think that when the world falls appart they will be happy living undrground with sepp blatter and the likes.

Comment

Originally posted by nerobot View Post
                    SO THATS WHERE THEY ALL ARE !!! Hand them over immediately nerobot! Ladybird hoarding is not allowed.

Comment

On second thoughts..
                      I'm sending you my black fly instead.

Comment

Nope all mine
                        http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...