What is attracting house flies ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courgettes today, marrows tomorrow
    Sounds like nematodes is the way forward if the plant is too infested to cut out the affected growth.
    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Or just let it run it's course and if it survives it will be clear by next spring.

Comment

Sorry but that ^^^^^^ is a silly attitude !!!!!!!!! each of those furry white blobs is holding in excess of 200 eggs, they will hatch into little bugs with legs, the little bugs will go walkabout & infest other shrubs in your garden, kill them, it matters not how but do it soon because once the bugs hatch you WILL have a massive problem.
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Nooo!! Think of rabbits - you may start with two ...
          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Marb67 View Post
            It wouldn't surprise me because I seem to get everything on the planet that can go wrong, sometimes mysterious things also. It's the story of my life. Gardening, technical, bought items, you name it and something goes wrong with it.
            That's really quite sad. I hope that's not really the case Marb.

Ups and downs....sometimes some of us get more than our fair share of downs and wonder why on earth the sh!t fairy has taken up residence with us. ( me included marb)
            Thing is, it's probably a perception thing and may not seem so bad to someone else.

try following the advice on here which peeps give you- it may or may not help, but photos make help so much easier and more accurate
            Last edited by Nicos; 22-07-2015, 01:03 PM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have started to jet them off with the hose. I just give up because I seem to get everything go wrong that can in my tiny, humble garden. If I cut out all the infected wood I will have NOTHING. Even in my bathroom I have had scale all over my ivy and ferns. Now I also have aphids on my bathroom Ivy.

Comment

Somebody suggested nematodes, sounds like an excellent idea. Suggest it's definitely worth further investigation and doing something positive makes most people feel better and more in control.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We get them every year and the same prob with the crap etc, I bought a fly zapping light off ebay which is good but I try and keep everything in the fridge or air tight containers. Next year im going to use plants around the front of my doors and windows to deter them see if that helps. But as many on here has said there is usually something attracting them. With me its usually a off tattie.
                  If you want to view paradise
                  Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X