Horse manure

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leicestershirelass View Post
    just wondering how you collect cow manure ??? isn't it a bit sloppy? (the cows near us don't seem to do cow pats)
    My farmers clean out their barns twice a year, and I get mine then, picked up by tractor bucket and dropped over the back garden hedge. I get solid (ish) manure rather than slurry, as I prefer it to break down in the garden, but its free and delivered to where I want it, which is great.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I've never been jealous of someone else's cowsh1t before.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I got my horse manure from a local stable. I didn't ask the guy about herbicides etc, but lots of other people on the same lottie site use manure from the same guy and they have had no problems so I figured it was okay. As it transpired, all the crops that I've grown where I put the manure have come up great so I think my instinct was correct.

I'll probaby get another load from the guy some time this winter.

Comment

Hi gang,

I got a heap of horse manure late last autumn (can't remember exactly when) and we checked it a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't smell any more, but it's still quite 'lumpy', not like soil at all - would it be ready to use, or should we leave it for spreading in the autumn?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X