Pee

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pee

I appreciate that this is a sensitive subject but I do believe it's worth discussing. Does everyone here pee in their composting bins, and if so, how do you do it? Personally I pee into a dish and then pour it into my compost daleks straight away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1512230221714.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2405522

Do people here do the same, or do they pee straight into their heaps, or do they dilute it first? Maybe they collect it in a bucket for a while while before using it?

Dynamo here's a couple of older thread for you to read, might find them useful :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...post_2527.html

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ery_53044.html
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I think a lot of us do, it's a good activator for compost.
      I first heard about it when Bob Flowerdew recommend it on a 'Question Time' and then read about it in his books - many moons ago.

Pee in bucket in the shed, dilute it and use it

Comment

My allotment doesn't have anywhere else for me to pee!

I have a little bucket I pee in, and then I tend to swoosh it with a little water from the butts and into the compost it goes.

Comment

After a few beers I just skoosh it everywhere.

No buckets, No dilution, No additives - just 100% ME !!
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

^^^^

Comment

Not peed 'a la exterieur' since we've been here...but used to collect indoors, dilute and sprinkle on the lawn, herbaceous garden all the time in the UK.
              The difference was astonishing!

Just don't tell the neighbours
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Having said that...it takes all my effort to get day time make guests to pee indoors!
                Given up now...just think of the non flushing of water saved!

Maybe it's more 'Back to nature?'
                Last edited by Nicos; 02-12-2017, 09:02 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                  After a few beers I just skoosh it everywhere.

No buckets, No dilution, No additives - just 100% ME !!
                  Just remember not to eat the yellow snow
                  Last edited by chris_m; 03-12-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Having said that...it takes all my effort to get day time make guests to pee indoors!
                    Errmm? Not sure I understood that, Nicos. Maybe I need another coffee.

Anyway, at our place, overnight pee is collected in a bucket and chucked next morning into the compost bin.

Comment

On the plot I pee in a watering can then top it up and dampen down the compost pile.
                      I occasionally apply it to the soil as a nitrogen boost.

I haven't got to the stage of storing it in bottles at home and carting it down yet.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

An elegant solution for collection pee on the plot and preserving your modesty

A living baobab tree with a functional flushing toilet (OK, you don't need the flush)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Hi Ya, I remember watching, more years ago than I want to remember, a program about those up north somewhere who were growing pot leeks for showing, the one chap got his wife to pee into a pot and diluted fed it direct to his plants. I have been told the first pee of the day is the most rich in minerals. It is supposed to be rich in nitrogen apparently so is good in the compost. I have chucked mine in the compost occasionally. Had no ill effects from it.

Comment

i will pee on the allotment compost if there aren't other plot holders about, but mainly I recycle old plastic milk containers at home for those early morning leaks! Some gets used on the home compost bin, some diluted and watered on the front flower beds (peeing there would be frowned upon appaearantly).
                            The rest gets carried to the plot about once o week or so and is used to activate compost, water growing plants and activate leaf mould at this time of year.
                            All the water in this post has been passed by the management.

Beware if you take certain medications you should seek reassurance that you are not applying steroids etc to your soil.

Comment

I find those Copella apple juice bottles the best because they have an extra wide neck

Unfortunately, it does look quite a lot like apple juice.
                              He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X