Aphids aphids aphids on indoor chilli's

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphids aphids aphids on indoor chilli's

Why oh why oh why oh why is it so hard to get rid of aphids on Chilli plants? Time and time again I take them out the windowsill, clean the windowsill, hoover and give them a good washing down with soapy water mixed with a bit of neem oil and peppermint oil. I then water the plant with a little neem oil in water as well as Rhubarb leaf tea (a god insecticide) AND still a couple of days later they are as rampant with their sticky residue on the window glass (how it gets there is a mystery)

I repeat the process over and over to no avail. I just give up as technically they should have died off against the odds.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240909_143328.jpg Views:	1 Size:	406.2 KB ID:	2585267 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240909_143346.jpg Views:	1 Size:	402.7 KB ID:	2585268
    Last edited by Marb67; 16-09-2024, 02:39 PM.

I have no wisdom for you Marb67 but can offer a sympathetic shoulder - I too have a 'sticky window' in the kitchen - or I did until my plants met their natural end a few weeks back & OH got his gercha out (however you spell it).

My windowsill Basil was right next to my chillies & although they acquired a few aphids they never got anywhere near the quantities of the chilli plants which I found really weird. You've made me wonder if I need to consider some sort of deterrent companion plant for next year's windowsill - pot of chives/similar maybe?

I must say your plants are looking very good in the pics - well done you

Comment

Originally posted by Andraste View Post
      I have no wisdom for you Marb67 but can offer a sympathetic shoulder - I too have a 'sticky window' in the kitchen - or I did until my plants met their natural end a few weeks back & OH got his gercha out (however you spell it).

My windowsill Basil was right next to my chillies & although they acquired a few aphids they never got anywhere near the quantities of the chilli plants which I found really weird. You've made me wonder if I need to consider some sort of deterrent companion plant for next year's windowsill - pot of chives/similar maybe?

I must say your plants are looking very good in the pics - well done you
      These were the two plants bought from a nursery so can't take the credit. My home grown ones are much more inferior.
      Last edited by Marb67; 16-09-2024, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X