Small hole and chewed veggies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small hole and chewed veggies

Hiya, I've noticed a small hole in the ground by one of my beds, and some chewed leeks and lettuces. I filled the hole in, and next time I was up there there was another one a couple of feet from the previous position. It's far too small for a rabbit, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion what it might be and how to deal with it.
    Any advice welcome!
    Attached Files

Voles or mice I would guess

Comment

We've found the holes in our garden and like Greensleaves we put it down to voles or mice mostly because we've seem both of them in the garden.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Get a cat, mine catches one or two a day sometimes
        Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

... baby birds as well
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We're well away from water, so mice more likely than voles. And cat's not an option, as it's an allotment not my garden, so it looks like we need mousetraps, I guess.

Comment

Not all Voles live near water - you're thinking of the Water Vole but the Bank Vole and Field Vole are more common. Also there are wood mice that live in gardens.
              I have voles, moles and wood mice and I'm happy for them to stay here.

Comment

I'd be happy to give them a home too - but not the food I'm trying to grow! Good point about voles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X