Returning Member

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Member

Good morning peeps....dunno if you remember me as its been a while since i last posted here....I have had health problems and anxiety and depression...I am back here to get back growing again and get some helpful tips from you guys...Glad to be back!
    Last edited by Strawberry patch; 13-04-2024, 10:27 AM.

Hello and welcome back, sp.

Sorry to hear you've not been well. Hope you're doing grand now. Great time of year to be getting back out and at it.

Best wishes for a great growing year.

Comment

Lovely to see you here again!….and that you are feeling stronger in yourself. Sounds like you’ve been through the mill. Sorry to hear that.
      As Snoop says- it’s the perfect time of year to get stuck into gardening again.

Out of interest,how did your greenhouse stand up to the recent very windy weather?
      Last edited by Nicos; 13-04-2024, 01:40 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Good to see you back SP, of course we remember you!
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back SP, I wish you all the best for the growing season.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Welcome back SP
            Northern England.

Comment

Hello welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry patch View Post
                Good morning peeps....dunno if you remember me as its been a while since i last posted here....I have had health problems and anxiety and depression...I am back here to get back growing again and get some helpful tips from you guys...Glad to be back!
                who are you? ... Hi Strawb,good to see one of the old guard back on the vine. Sorry to hear you've been a tad under the weather but glad you've turned a corner.

Growing and generally working outside will do you no end of good ... unless you drown from all the rain

ntg
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Thank you everyone for the nice welcome back much appreciated.... Nicos my greenhouse got destroyed last year with the gale force winds.
                  Last edited by Strawberry patch; 13-04-2024, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Sympathy like there, Strawberry Patch. Terrible.

Comment

Darn- really sorry to hear about your greenhouse - I was hoping for some advice about wind proofing them as I recall you struggling a while back.
                      I sort of get ‘greenhouse envy’ when I see how other members do so well with theirs but my garden is part of a very exposed field and I guess it would go the same way as yours has.
                      As with all gardening- we just adapt eh?

So, on a more positive note - what projects do you have for this year?

Comment

Well last night i ordered my seed potatoes (maris Piper) so going to grow them in my raised beds as i got good results a few years ago...Also going to grow turnips,carrots and cabbage in my plot as well as strawberries and raspberries...I did not grow nothing the last few years so i have alot of weeding and turning over my soil to do in the next few weeks...I was in a bad place with my health and loosing both of my parents my dad in 2021 and my mom last year so i need to get myself back into the garden.

Comment

Healing time now SP…. So sorry xx

Comment

Really sorry to read that, SP.

Very hard. Good luck with your patch this year. Mine is pretty much the same. Going to be doing a lot of strimming this week...

Comment

((big hug)) SP
                              Few years ago I was very ill then lost my dad. It is a tough ole trot sometimes but i'm sure the growing and nurturing will do you a world of good, certainly helped me.
                              I seemed to have picked the worst year on record for making growing beds weather wise, all trial and error I guess. Good luck with yours x
                              Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X