Another daft question...........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another daft question...........

Could rabbits and chickens co-exist in the same run or would the chickens attack the bunnies?

Thinking of extending my meat producing capabilities thats all...............
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Years ago, when I still lived with my parents, I had a rabbit that ran in with the chickens, and they were fine together. The chickens just ignored the rabbit, and he had a wonderful time running about in a huge run. He had a little hutch inside the chicken run, which he would return to when he wanted, and the hens would all go back to their house at night, so yes Snadge, as long as there is enough room, why not!

Comment

I think they might attack a small rabbit, after all they do rip apart mice, rats if they catch them and frogs!
      One of those giant flemish ones might be another story though lol

Comment

A lot depends on the individuals concerned. Some rabbits are really feisty, some chickens are wusses. Currently I have a rather large dog staying with me, but she is actually a bit of a wuss. She wants to play with the guinea pigs, but they're having none of it. As long as they have plenty of room, and a few hidey holes, they should be OK.

Comment

Make sure the bunnies can't tunnel out of the run........
          The biggest likely problem is that if you want to breed rabbits for meat, you really need the bunnies under more control than putting them in the chicken run would allow, otherwise the young ones (that you want to eat) are likely to be uncatchable.
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I agree with rustylady, I think it depends very much on the particular animals. I know someone who got rid of all her hens as they would not leave the poor rabbits alone. The rabbits had been pets for some time so the hens went I'm afraid. Now my cat is another matter she loves watching the birds ;p

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X